The TANGO allows the camera operator to quickly level the horizon, regardless of the weight of the camera and lens selected. The TANGO is a convenient third axis: whatever fluid or geared head is chosen, the panoramic movement remains horizontal and the tilt stays vertical. The maneuvering of the fluid or gear head remains unchanged. The twin support and racks add further advantages to TANGO such as silence, steadiness and flexibility when moving your camera, and a locking position range of 90° degrees.
The TANGO Mark II offers the following improvements over the original Tango/Swing head:
- New quick release locking mechanism that prevent side to side play.
- New brake lever accessible on either side of the head to clear long camera sliding base plates.
- New flexible shaft adapter: with any ARRI flexible shaft ("whip") you can roll the head from either the front or the back of the head.
- New removable handle: to clear the long camera sliding base plates you can fit the handle at the front or the back of the head. The new handle has the ARRI flex shaft receptacle built-in.
- New adapter to accept the mini Sachtler Touch & Go plate, ideal for small video cameras.