F Mount Lens/FX Format
Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
7 Anomalous Partial Dispersion Elements
Complex Planar Optical Design
Floating Elements System
Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
Manual Focus Design
Manual Aperture Ring Can Be De-Clicked
Anodized Metal Barrel, Rubber Focus Ring
A prime portrait-length lens characterized by its complex Planar construction, the Nikon F mount_Milvus 85mm f/1.4 ZF.2 Lens_from_Zeiss_features a fast maximum aperture along with a unique spherical design to produce especially smooth bokeh for selective focus applications. The Planar design incorporates seven anomalous partial dispersion glass elements to nearly eliminate chromatic aberrations and other distortions for clean, well-corrected imagery. A floating elements system is also used, for consistent performance throughout the focusing and aperture ranges, in order to achieve even sharpness and clarity. An enhanced Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to significantly reduce ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in difficult lighting conditions.
Its manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. This ZF.2 lens also features a manual aperture ring that can be manually de-clicked for silent, stepless switching between aperture setting to benefit video applications. Additionally, Milvus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable frosted, anodized metal lens barrel surface along with a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust and moisture.
- This 85mm f/1.4 lens is designed for FX format Nikon F mount DSLRs, and can also be used with DX models where it will provide a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also offers extensive control over depth of field.
- Complex Planar optical design features seven anomalous partial dispersion glass elements to significantly reduce chromatic aberrations for increased sharpness and clarity.
- Unique spherical design produces an especially smooth quality of bokeh to benefit portraiture and selective focus applications.
- Floating elements system maintains consistent performance when working with both close-up and distant subjects.
- Enhanced Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating controls ghosting and flare for high contrast, color-neutral imagery.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by laser-engraved focusing and depth of field scales, along with an IR position dot and hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- The manual aperture ring has clicked indicators throughout aperture range. Using the included De-Click Tool, this ring can be mechanically 'de-clicked' for smooth, silent rotation throughout the aperture range; making it ideal for video applications.
- Weather-resistant construction includes internal seals to guard against dust and moisture as well as a blue sealing ring at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.
|Aperture||Maximum: f/1.4 |
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Angle of View||29_|
|Minimum Focus Distance||2.62'_(80 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:8.3|