A fast, normal prime designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras, the Lumix G 25mm f/1.7 ASPH. from Panasonic is a 50mm equivalent lens featuring a bright f/1.7 maximum aperture for enhanced low-light shooting and depth of field control. One UHR (Ultra-High Refractive Index) element pairs with two aspherical elements to reduce spherical aberrations and distortions for consistent edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination. A Nano Surface Coating has been applied, too, and helps to reduce flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity. The optical construction also helps to realize a compact overall form factor, measuring just 2"-long and weighing 4.4 oz. Benefitting both stills and video capture, this lens also incorporates a stepping motor for smooth, quiet autofocus performance that is compatible with Lumix cameras' high-speed contrast-detection focusing systems.
- Designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras, this lens provides a 50mm equivalent focal length to represent a normal perspective.
- Fast f/1.7 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also enables extensive control over focus placement for selective focus applications.
- One UHR element and a pair of aspherical elements help to achieve even illumination and sharpness for consistent performance throughout the aperture range.
- A Nano Surface Coating has been applied to individual elements to noticeably reduce lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Stepping motor delivers fast, smooth, and near-silent autofocus performance to benefit both still photograph and movie recording applications.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm produces a smooth out-of-focus quality when working with shallow depth of field techniques.
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 50 mm
|Camera Mount Type
|Micro Four Thirds
|Micro Four Thirds
|Angle of View
|Minimum Focus Distance
|9.84" / 25 cm
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio
|8 Elements in 7 Groups
|Front: 46 mm
|Approx. 2.39 x 2.05" / 60.8 x 52 mm
|4.41 oz / 125 g
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
|4.3 x 3.3 x 3.2"