Core SWX Short Form Factor Hotswap Shark-Fin Mount Battery Mount (Gold Mount, 2 x D-Taps)
- Core SWX
- In Stock
- 1.20 LBS
- Hot Swap Battery Adapter
- Mounts on Gold Mount Battery Plate
- Two Unregulated D-Tap Outputs
The CoreSWX Short Form Factor Hotswap Shark-Fin Mount Battery Mount mounts on you camera's Gold mount plate and enables simultaneous mounting of two Gold mount batteries. The batteries are mounted in parallel, which allows the two batteries to act as one larger battery with increased capacity while maintaining the voltage. As one battery becomes exhausted, you can remove it and swap it for a charged battery without having to power down your camera.
The Shark-Fin also incorporates two D-Taps for accessory power. These D-Taps are unregulated, and will deliver from 11 to 17 VDC, which will power most cinema accessories.
- The batteries mount in parallel which allows the voltage of each to remain essentially unaffected by adding or removing a battery to the Shark-Fin. However, it is recommended that you use matching capacity batteries in a similar charge state.
- For example if a fully charged battery (16.8V) and a fully depleted battery (11V) are used together, the circuitry will divert the load to the fully charged battery and your camera will see the higher voltage, not an average. So there is no need to worry about accidentally hot swapping a depleted battery on as long as the existing battery has enough power to maintain camera power.
- The Shark-Fin will draw from both batteries as long as they are in the acceptable voltage range. Once one battery drops below that range (11 VDC) the Shark-Fin will stop drawing from it.
- Core SWX batteries also have protection circuitry to prevent being charged from one another.
|Connectors||2 x D-Tap|
|Plate Front / Battery Mount||Gold Mount|
|Number of Battery Bays||2|
|Dimensions||6 x 6 x 5" / 15.24 x 15.24 x 12.7 cm|
|Weight||1.3 lb / 590 g|
|Package Weight||1.155 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||19.2 x 9.4 x 5.8"|