- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- One UD Element, One Aspherical Element
- Super Spectra Coating
- STM Stepping AF Motor
- 1:2 Max. Magnification, 5.5" Min. Focus
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Customizable Control Ring
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
The Canon RF 24mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM Lens is a wide-angle, fixed focal length lens that affordably expands your options with the EOS R System. Great for still photography and videography, the RF 24mm can provide drama in your still images, and has a wide field of view for vlogging, while still maintaining a natural look.
The bright f/1.8 aperture also does wonders for your images. Not only can you achieve beautiful, soft backgrounds, but you can shoot in more available light situations than you could with a slower lens. The RF 24mm F1.8 MACRO IS STM also comes with built-in Optical Image Stabilization to further enhance your low-light shooting abilities by providing up to 5.5 stops* of shake correction, and up to 6.5 stops with coordinated IS.
The RF 24mm F1.8 MACRO IS STM is surprisingly light and compact while still providing a very solid feel. Another unexpected feature of this lens is its close-focusing capability. It can focus continuously down to half life-size magnification making this prime lens even more versatile. No matter what you end up doing with this lens, you will be rewarded with high-quality images that can take your photography to the next level.
Wide-Angle Macro Lens
- Wide-angle prime is suitable for a variety of subjects, including landscapes, nature, and street, and the close-focusing ability helps to home in on nearby subjects in between photographing broad spaces.
- Macro designation offers a 1:2 half life-size maximum magnification and a minimum focusing distance of 5.5".
- Bright f/1.8 design offers both depth of field control and suits working in a variety of lighting situations.
- One UD (ultra-low dispersion) element and one aspherical element control both chromatic and spherical aberrations for well-corrected imagery that is especially sharp and color-accurate.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to resist flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth, pleasing bokeh quality.
Autofocus, IS, and Design
- STM stepping motor offers fast, quiet, smooth, and accurate autofocus performance that benefits both stills and video recording needs.
- Optical Image Stabilizer minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to 5 stops, or 6.5 stops with coordinated IS, to better enable working handheld in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
|Lens Mount||Canon RF|
|Lens Format Coverage||Full-Frame|
|Angle of View||84°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||5.5" / 14 cm|
|Macro Reproduction Ratio||1:2|
|Optical Design||11 Elements in 9 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||52 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.9 x 2.5" / 74.4 x 63.1 mm|
|Weight||9.5 oz / 270 g|