- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/22
- Two Aspherical Elements
- One Partial Dispersion Element
- Manual Focus Design
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 1.5'
- Manual Aperture Ring Can Be De-Clicked
- 12-Blade Diaphragm
- Contacts Transfer Exif Data
Updating a classic for today's imaging standards, this Nokton 50mm f/1.2 Aspherical from Voigtlander is a fast normal-length lens for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. Distinguished by its bright f/1.2 maximum aperture, this lens excels in low-light conditions and also offers enhanced control over depth of field. The advanced optical design incorporates a pair of aspherical elements and one partial dispersion elements, which, together, help to suppress both spherical and chromatic aberrations for greater sharpness, clarity, and color rendering. The lens's manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 1.5' away, and a Selective Aperture Control System allows you to de-click the manual aperture ring for smooth, silent exposure adjustment to suit filmmaking applications. Additionally, a 12-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Normal-length prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.2 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also enables greater control over focus position for selective focus applications.
- Two aspherical elements are incorporated at the front and the rear of the eight elements, six groups construction, and helps to limit spherical aberrations and distortions for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- One partial dispersion element is featured in the optical design and helps to minimize color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve higher clarity and color fidelity.
- Manual focus design permits smooth, refined control along with a minimum focusing distance of 1.5'.
- A 12-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when working with shallow depth of field techniques.
- Selective Aperture Control System produces a stepless, de-clicked aperture ring, which provides silent and smooth exposure adjustment that is well-suited for video application. The aperture ring can also be configured to utilize traditional 1/3-stop clicks for more intuitive tactile control over exposure settings.
- Contacts transfer all Exif data between the camera and lens in order to permit full use of camera functions, including focus magnification, image stabilization, and lens corrections.
|Lens Format Coverage
|Angle of View
|Minimum Focus Distance
|1.48' / 45 cm
|Macro Reproduction Ratio
|8 Elements in 6 Groups
|58 mm (Front)
|Dimensions (ø x L)
|2.76 x 2.31" / 70.1 x 58.8 mm
|15.31 oz / 434 g
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
|5.25 x 4.5 x 4.45"