- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/16
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Five Partial Dispersion Elements
- Floating Elements System
- Manual Focus Design
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 1.5'
- Manual Aperture Ring Can Be De-Clicked
- 12-Blade Diaphragm
- Contacts Transfer Exif Data
A sophisticated normal-length prime, the Sony E-mount APO-LANTHAR 50mm f/2 Aspherical from Voigtlander holds the elite distinction of being part of the APO-LANTHAR series of optically refined, apochromatic lenses. A series of anomalous partial dispersion and aspherical elements help to suppress virtually all aberrations for especially high sharpness and color accuracy, and a floating elements system maintains consistent performance throughout the focusing range. A manual focus design is employed, along with a high precision helicoid, for refined focusing control and a Selective Aperture Control System allows you to de-click the manual aperture ring for smooth, silent exposure adjustment to suit filmmaking applications. Additionally, a 12-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Normal-length prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over focus position for selective focus applications.
- Using five partial dispersion elements, this lens has an apochromatic designation due to its ability to virtually eliminate color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve higher clarity and color fidelity.
- Two aspherical elements are incorporated towards the front and the rear of the 10 elements, eight groups construction, and help to limit spherical aberrations and distortions for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Floating elements system maintains consistently high image quality throughout the focusing range, from 1.5' to infinity.
- Manual focus design is complemented by a high-accuracy all-metal helicoid that provides an ideal amount of torque for high-precision control.
- A 12-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when working with shallow depth of field techniques.
- Selective Aperture Control System produces a stepless, de-clicked aperture ring, which provides silent and smooth exposure adjustment that is well-suited for video application. The aperture ring can also be configured to utilize traditional 1/3-stop clicks for more intuitive tactile control over exposure settings.
- Contacts transfer all Exif data between the camera and lens in order to permit full use of camera functions, including focus magnification, image stabilization, and lens corrections.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Lens Format Coverage||Full-Frame|
|Angle of View||46.5°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.48' / 45 cm|
|Macro Reproduction Ratio||1:6.46|
|Optical Design||10 Elements in 8 Groups|
|Focus Type||Manual Focus|
|Filter Size||49 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.46 x 2.41" / 62.6 x 61.3 mm|
|Weight||12.84 oz / 364 g|
|Package Weight||1.25 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||7.75 x 4.65 x 4.5"|