- Engineered for 4K and Above
- Covers APS-C and Super35 Sensor Sizes
- 9-Blade Iris for Natural Bokeh
- T2.9 Aperture for Low-Light Scenes
- 300° Focus Rotation
- Standard Lens Gear Rings
- 100mm Front with 114mm Step-Up Ring
The Venus Optics Laowa OOOM 25-100mm T2.9 Cine Lens (White) features focus scales marked in feet and has an interchangeable PL lens mount. It is designed to deliver a vintage look in both color rendition and bokeh performance. The lens features a 4x zoom range, and it covers Super35 with a greater than 33mm image circle from 25 to 100mm. This enables the lens to be used with a wide variety of cameras and sensors, including those that define Super35 with a larger image circle such as the RED MONSTRO in 6K, GEMINI in 5K, and HELIUM in 8K. The lens also covers the ARRI ALEXA Mini in 4K. The lens comes with a PL mount attached, which allows the lens to be used with a variety of digital cinema cameras.
In addition, the PL mount is interchangeable and can be swapped out with the included E and EF mounts. The 9-blade iris provides for a natural-looking bokeh and helps contribute to the vintage look, which while not overly contrasty, still has snap and sharpness. The lens features a close-focus limit of under 2', which makes it a flexible choice for tighter close-ups and allows you to shoot in limited-space environments. All three lens rings feature cine-standard gearing for ease of use with available lens control accessories such as follow focus units and lens control motors. The lens features a 100mm front and includes a 100 to 114mm step-up ring.
The lens has been designed to produce images with color and contrast reminiscent of vintage lenses, as opposed to the cold, clinical look of many modern-day lenses.
- The lens covers a 33mm image circle throughout its zoom range, covering larger Super35 sensors and enabling you to use the lens to capture higher-resolution images on cameras with larger Super35 sensors.
- The lens is parfocal, allowing the focus to remain constant throughout the zoom range.
- Minimal focus breathing as you adjust the focus.
- Cine-standard focus, iris, and zoom lens rings allow you to use industry-standard lens control systems such as follow focus units and lens control systems.
- The attached PL mount can be easily swapped out for the included E and EF mounts.
- The lens has a 95mm front filter thread and a 100mm front. It includes a 100 to 114mm step-up ring for compatibility with a wider selection of matte boxes.
|Focal Length||25 to 100mm|
|Lens Mount||ARRI PL|
|Image Circle||33.0 mm|
|Minimum Focus Distance||From : 23.6" / 60 cm|
|Optical Design||20 Elements in 16 Groups|
|Gear MOD & Pitch||Zoom: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch |
Focus: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
Iris: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
|Front Diameter||100 mm|
|Filter Thread||95 mm|
|Dimensions (W x H)||4.02 x 4.02" / 102 x 102 mm|
|Length||9.45" / 240 mm|
|Weight||5.51 lb / 2.5 kg|
|Package Weight||16.805 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||19.5 x 14.9 x 7.3"|