- Covers Full-Frame Sensor Size
- 46.7mm Image Circle
- Suitable for 8K Image Capture
- Internal Focus Design
- Virtually No Lens Breathing
- T1.5 Aperture, Clickless 9-Bladed Iris
- 114mm Front Lens Diameter
- Focus Marks on Both Sides of Barrel
- Integrated Lens Support Foot
The Tokina 21mm T1.5 Cinema Vista Prime Lens with an LPL mount and focus scales marked in feet provides an image circle that more than covers full-frame sensors, and it is designed to provide sharp images even when recording images at 8K resolution. This 21mm focal length lens shares the same form factor, lens gear position, focus rotation, and front barrel diameter as the other Tokina Cinema Vista prime lenses. This makes on-set lens changes a fast and efficient operation.
It features a maximum T stop of 1.5, which is useful when shooting in low-light situations or when you want to capture that exceedingly shallow depth of field look. The 9-bladed iris provides round, out-of-focus highlights for a natural-looking bokeh. The Cinema Vista Prime lenses are designed to minimize focus breathing and feature geared, manual focus and iris rings. Markings on both sides of the lens barrel make it readable from either side of the camera.
- The 21mm T1.5 LPL mount prime lens focuses images on a sensor with full 8K resolution and features a 46.7mm image circle, which easily covers standard-sized full-frame sensors.
- The use of a 9-blade iris produces a smooth, round appearance to out-of-focus specular highlights. The iris also produces a pleasing bokeh, referring to natural-looking, out-of-focus areas of the image. The iris is manual and features smooth movement without click stops for smooth exposure adjustments while recording.
- The lens has markings on both sides of the barrel, making it easy to read focus and aperture settings from behind or from either side of the camera.
- The lens shares the same front lens diameters and gear positioning on the focus and iris rings as the other lenses in the series, making lens switching quick and convenient.
- It is designed to minimize variations in the angle of view while focusing, a phenomenon known as focus breathing. This feature is extremely important while pulling focus, especially on static shots, where focus breathing is more noticeable.
- The lens features threading on the front of the lens to accommodate 112mm screw-on filters. This feature allows the camera operator to add filters over the lens without taking up a filter stage in a matte box.
|Lens Mount||ARRI LPL|
|Image Circle||46.7 mm|
|Minimum Focus Distance||From Unspecified Point in Lens: 14.17" / 0.36 m|
|Optical Design||19 Elements in 18 Groups|
|Gear MOD & Pitch||Focus: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch |
Iris: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
|Front Diameter||114 mm|
|Filter Thread||112 mm|
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||1:9.38|
|Lens Support||1/4"-20 Mounting Thread|
|Length||6.7" / 170 mm|
|Weight||5.47 lb / 2.48 kg|