The Tilta Hydra Arm Mini Pro Kit is the ultimate cinema camera crane. More portable, lightweight, and within reach for more filmmakers than ever. The system is portable, lightweight, and relatively easy to use for filming vehicles from multiple angles while in movement. Designed specifically for the RS 3 PRO and RS 2, but compatible with a range of gimbals and camera systems such as the Ronin 4D, Ronin MX, Freefly Movi Pro. The lightweight, counterweight-free design makes the system faster to set up and safer to operate as users will only need to focus on one end of the arm at any given time.
- The Pro Kit includes suction cups, speed rail and ratchet straps allow you to mount the system easily to most vehicles that can support the 155lb weight of the arm not including a gimbal or camera.
- There are optional suction cup kits for vehicles with various sized sunroofs including panoramic sunroofs and an optional Electronic Kit that allows users to monitor the suction cup pressure remotely for added safety.
- The Shock Absorbing Arm helps stabilize the gimbal when operating on uneven surfaces and can be adjusted for various payloads.
- The Shock Absorbing Head of the arm can be individually adjusted for both the horizontal and vertical axis.
- The included Controller connects via a wired connection ensuring reliable communication to the arm.
- The Controller gives the operator access to various options for the tilt and pan axis, including speed, dampening, and range of motion limitations for each axis individually.
- Custom user settings allow the operator to select from a range of configurations so that they can operate in a way that is most comfortable to them.
- Pro Mode is an expanded control option that allows users to control the Hydra Arm Mini and an RS2/RS3 Pro Gimbal simultaneously through the controller.
- Please note this is not recommended for most shooting situations and is only advised with proper precautions.
- The system can support speeds of up to 74 mph (120 km/h) in ideal conditions, but we recommend keeping speeds at or below 37 mph (60km/h) especially when using heavier cameras or lighter gimbals.
- The primary factors that will impact operating speeds are camera weight, gimbal strength, and weather conditions.
- Other gimbals can be used as well as long as they can be mounted via 1/4″-20 threads, powered via V-Mount batteries and stay within the 22lb weight limit.
- The system includes a V-Mount Battery Plate mounted on the end of the arm which allows users to power their gimbal via the included P-Tap to 2 Pin Power Cable or with a different cable if needed.
- *An optional Gold Mount Battery Plate will be available as an additional purchase in the near future.*
- The arm itself does not have any power or video passthrough features meaning you will need to utilize a wireless video transmitter (not included) and power your camera via onboard batteries or the Gold/V-Mount battery plate found on the arm.
To power the system, you will need a 220V 1000wH+ power source which is NOT INCLUDED.
We recommend the EcoFlow Delta and a 110 to 220V Power Converter if needed.