Tiffen 82mm Water White Glass NATural IRND 2.1 Filter (7-Stop)
- 0.15 LBS
- 2.1 Solid Neutral Density Filter
- 128x Filter Factor, (7-Stop)
- Darkens Entire Image
- Allows Reduced Shutter Speed
- Allows Wider Aperture
- Neutral Results, Visible, & IR Spectrums
- Water White Glass Construction
- Aluminum-Alloy Filter Ring
- 82mm Front Filter Threads
The Tiffen 82mm Water White Glass NATural IRND 2.1 Filter is a neutral density filter with a 128x filter factor that provides a 7-stop exposure reduction. Its 2.1 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. By increasing your aperture or slowing your exposure time, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. Neutral density filters are intended to not affect the coloration of the image and are ideal for pairing with other filters.
The design of this filter has been optimized for use with digital sensors and to promote nearly flat attenuation of visible light and infrared light. Due to imaging sensors' greater susceptibility to infrared light, compared to traditional film, color casts can occur when photographing darker subjects that require increased exposure times.
This filter is noncoated, is constructed from Water White glass for increased clarity, and features an aluminum-alloy filter ring for durability while remaining lightweight. It is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between two pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch.
- 2.1 neutral density filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a 7-stop exposure reduction, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Attenuates infrared light to maintain color neutrality and suppress color casts due to increased exposure lengths.
- Filter does not affect coloration of the image and is ideal for use with other filters.
- Constructed from Water White glass for increased optical clarity.
- Aluminum-alloy filter ring for durability while remaining lightweight.
- 82mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters.
- Knurled front edges provide a more textured grip when mounting or removing it from a lens.
- Filter pouch for storage and transport.
|Filter Type||Solid ND with IR Attenuation|
|Circular Size||82 mm Filter Thread|
|Front Accessory Thread / Bayonet||82 mm|
|Package Weight||0.15 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||4.75 x 4.5 x 1"|