- For Tiffen Multi Rota Tray
- Circular Polarizer Filter
- 1.5x Filter Factor, +0.6 Stop
- Helps to Eliminate Reflections and Glare
- Reduces Haze in Landscapes
- Greater Color and Tonal Saturation
- Water White Glass Construction
- Padded Pouch
This Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Circular Polarizer Filter is designed for use within the Tiffen Multi Rota Tray. When configured with a separately available Tiffen 138mm Circular Polarizer Filter for Tiffen Multi Rota Tray, a solid variable neutral density filter effect can be obtained. To control the degree of density, the tray provides the ability to rotate the 138mm circular polarizer, providing an exposure reduction of 2 to 6 stops.
Alternatively, this filter may be used by itself as a circular polarizer within the Tiffen Multi Rota Tray. It can then help reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizing filter arranges and filters this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarizing filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.
This filter is non-coated and is constructed from Water White glass for clarity as well as color fidelity.
- Designed for use within Tiffen Multi Rota Tray
- Can be configured with a separately available 138mm Circular Polarizer for Tiffen Multi Rota Tray to obtain and control a solid variable neutral density filter effect with an exposure reduction of 2 to 6 stops
- Reduces reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface
- Polarizing filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun
- Circular polarizers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features
- 1.5x filter factor reduces exposure by 0.6 stops
- Constructed from Water White glass for clarity as well as color fidelity
- Padded pouch included for storage and transport
|4 x 5.65" / 101.6 x 143.5 mm
|0.08" / 2 mm
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
|7.75 x 7.55 x 2.25"