- Mounted Circular Polarizer Filter
- For Third-Party or Custom Holders
- Enhanced Polarization Effect
- 4x Filter Factor, +2 Stops
- Helps to Eliminate Reflections and Glare
- Reduces Haze in Landscapes
- Greater Color and Tonal Saturation
- Water White Glass Construction
- Padded Pouch
The Tiffen 138mm Mounted UltraPol Circular Polarizer Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizing filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarizing filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.
This filter is non-coated, has approximately 40% average light transmission, and is designed to provide a polarization effect that is 15 to 20% greater than other Tiffen filters which only provide a linear or circular polarization effect and are not UltraPol filters.
Constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity, the Tiffen 138mm Mounted UltraPol Circular Polarizer Filter is mounted for use in third-party or custom filter holders. No front or rear threads are included on this filter's ring, or mount.
- Mounted without front or rear threads for use in third-party or custom filter holders for film and television cameras.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarizing filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Offers a 15 to 20% greater polarization effect than other Tiffen filters which only provide a linear or circular polarization effect and are not UltraPol filters.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- Circular polarizers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features.
- Approximately 40% average light transmission.
- 4x filter factor reduces exposure by 2 stops.
- Constructed from Water White glass for increased optical clarity.
- Aluminum-alloy filter ring for durability while remaining lightweight.
- Padded pouch included for storage and transport.
|138 mm Mounted
|Front Accessory Thread / Bayonet
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
|6.7 x 6.4 x 1"