- For YouTube, Vlog, Music, Journalism
- Lav Mic with Locking 3.5mm Connector
- Bluetooth Control via iOS/Android App
- Timecode Jam-Sync via 3.5mm Input
- Wirelessly Sync Multiple TRACK E Units
- Wireless Timecode Sync to SYNC E
- 16GB MicroSDHC Card (32GB Supported)
- 32-Bit Floating Point & 24-Bit Recording
- 48 kHz Mono Recording
- 10 h Built-In Rechargeable Battery
The Tentacle Sync TRACK E is a pocket audio recorder and lavalier microphone system that brings hands-free high-quality mono audio recording with timecode support to YouTubers, vloggers, journalists, musicians, and other content creators. The fast, all-in-one solution is designed to be easy for anyone to use, simply download the setup app to your iOS or Android mobile device, and you're ready to start recording in minutes.
The TRACK E easily clips to talent via the included belt clip and includes an omnidirectional lavalier microphone that plugs into its locking 3.5mm connector, a common connection compatible with a wide variety of lav mics. The unit features a 32-bit floating point recording option that offers extended headroom and eliminates digital clipping, while users making larger recordings can opt instead for the space-saving 24-bit option. The sampling rate is 48 kHz and audio is recorded to either the included 16GB microSD card or your own microSDHC card with a capacity of up to 32GB.
Video content creators will appreciate the TRACK E's implementation of timecode support, making it easy to sync sound and video later in the postproduction editing process. If you have an audio recorder with built-in timecode and want to use that as the master, you can feed the timecode to the TRACK E's mic input and jam-sync it. You can use multiple TRACK Es in this manner by jam-syncing each unit. Alternatively, you can jam-sync a single SYNC E (available separately) to external code and sync multiple TRACK E units to it wirelessly via the app.
While the TRACK E doesn't output timecode, it does have a built-in timecode generator that allows you to use the app to synchronize multiple TRACK E units together from the same starting point and create multitrack recordings for music productions. Once running, the units will stay in sync, even if they are out of Bluetooth range with each other and/or your phone; you'll only need Bluetooth control to make setting changes or operate the units. In addition, Start/Stop can be activated manually on the unit itself with the user switch.
Bluetooth is implemented only for sync and control purposes—audio is not supported. Playback monitoring is available via a 3.5mm headphone jack. The built-in rechargeable lithium battery supplies up to 10 hours of recording time and is charged via the USB Type-C port in a maximum time of two hours. A foam windscreen for the lav mic, lapel clip, USB Type-A to USB Type-C cable, USB Type-C to USB Type-C cable, and zipper bag are all included.
Easy to Set Up and Use
- Simply download the free Tentacle Setup app for iOS and Android devices and get started making high quality 32- or 24-bit recordings at a 48 kHz sampling rate.
- The TRACK E is designed to be simple to operate: You don't have to be an audio professional to get great results.
- 32-bit floating-point recordings offer additional headroom and freedom when recording: Low-level recordings can be normalized without raising the noise floor.
- The 3.5mm headphone jack allows for monitoring file playback in the field.
Lavalier Microphone Included
- Just clip the included electret condenser lav mic to your clothing, plug into the locking 3.5mm input jack, and you're ready to record.
- The lav features a forgiving omnidirectional polar pattern that picks up sound from all around the capsule—helping to keep levels consistent even when the talent turns away from the mic.
Timecode Support For Video Creators
- Timecode support means its easy to sync your sound and video.
- Jam-sync to incoming timecode via the mic input.
- Link multiple TRACK E units wirelessly to create multitrack recordings.
- Simply drop the synced audio into your editing system, or prepare for further postproduction with the included Tentacle Sync Studio software.
|Number of Tracks
|Max Sample Rate/Resolution
|48 kHz / 24-Bit
48 kHz / 32-Bit
|Memory Card Support
|microSDHC (Up to 32 GB)
|Audio File Formats
|48 kHz (Record)
|Limiter, Low-Cut Filter
|Frame Rates Supported
|23.976 / 24 / 25 / 29.97 / 29.97 DF / 30
|WAV 48 kHz/24-Bit:
|1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Female Input (Lockable)
|Yes, 5 V
|20 Hz to 20 kHz
|+6 dB to +46 dB
|≤-85 dB (0.05%)
|1 x Internal Rechargeable (Included)
|Approximate Battery Life
|10 Hours (Internal Rechargeable Lithium-Ion)
|1.9 x 2.7 x 0.7" / 4.7 x 6.8 x 1.9 cm
|2 oz / 58 g
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
|6.7 x 4.5 x 2.5"