- Full-Frame | f/4 to f/22
- Ultra-Wide Standard Zoom
- Fast Internal Focusing System
- Supports Micro-Step Aperture Control
- Fluorine Coatings
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Dust & Moisture-Resistant Construction
The Sony FE 20-70mm f/4 G Lens (Sony E) is a full-frame constant-aperture wide standard zoom lens with excellent G resolution and bokeh with next-generation autofocus performance optimized for still and movie.
G Lens Image Quality
Designed for demanding visual creators, this ultra-wide zoom offers no compromises regarding image quality, autofocus performance, or movie-making functionality.
- Engineered for use with full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, the lens's constant f/4 maximum aperture maintains consistent illumination throughout the entire zoom range.
- Features a combination of three ED elements, two AA elements, one ED aspherical element, and one standard aspherical element to effectively eliminate chromatic and spherical aberrations while also rendering excellent edge-to-edge sharpness and color fidelity.
- Rounded 9-blade aperture provides deep, soft bokeh.
Enhanced Autofocus and Video Capabilities
Offering an enhanced feature set for both still photography and videography, the FE 20-70mm f/4 G lens delivers fast focusing performance, improved tracking, and a series of attributes specifically designed for videographers.
- Two XD (extreme dynamic) linear motors provide smooth, silent, and precise autofocus performance as well as improved tracking performance for photos and videos.
- Internal focusing system maintains the overall length of the lens and does not rotate the lens barrel while focusing, enhancing the use of circular polarizers and variable ND filters.
- Updated optical design effectively eliminates focus breathing, focus shift, and axial shift to prevent unwanted movements and angle of view variations during movie recording.
- Aperture ring with On/Off click switch and iris lock switch prevents the aperture ring from being accidentally moved between the f/4 and f/22 settings.
- Optimized for filming, the lens supports active mode image stabilization and micro-step aperture control for smooth and seamless video capture.
- Two programmable focus hold buttons and a focus mode switch for intuitive focus control.
- Minimum focusing distance of 9.8" with excellent close-up performance at all focal lengths.
Handling and Design
Compact and lightweight, this highly-versatile ultra-wide standard zoom offers a unique and expansive field of view for everyday shooting.
- Hybrid construction uses both metal and plastic components to maximize both durability and a low weight design.
- Fluorine coating on front lens element repels water, dust, fingerprints, and other contaminants while also making it easier to clean the front of the lens.
- Dust and moisture-resistant design includes a rubber ring to seal the lens mount for working in inclement weather conditions.
|Focal Length||20 to 70mm|
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Lens Format Coverage||Full-Frame|
|Angle of View||94°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.8" / 25 cm|
|Optical Design||16 Elements in 13 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||72 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.1 x 3.9" / 78.7 x 99 mm|
|Weight||17.2 oz / 488 g|