- E-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 22.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Super ED, ED, and Aspherical Elements
- Dual Linear AF Motors; Internal Focus
- Min. Focusing Distance: 6.7"
- Suppressed Focus Breathing
- Dust- and Moisture-Resistant Design
- Physical Aperture Ring; De-Click Switch
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Sony's fastest APS-C lens, the E 15mm f/1.4 G is a bright, wide-angle 22.5mm-equivalent prime featuring advanced G Series optics and a sleek design that's ideal for travel, landscapes, and walkaround shooting. In addition to prioritizing image quality and speed, this lens also features an intuitive-to-handle design and smooth focusing performance that suits vlogging and video recording applications.
G Series Lens
- Wide-angle prime offers a 22.5mm equivalent focal length, making it a versatile option for anything from street to landscape to travel, as well as for selfie-style vlogging needs.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture is ideal for shallow depth of field and selective focusing techniques, and also excels in low-light conditions.
- Three aspherical elements help achieve high sharpness and suppress distortion and spherical aberrations.
- One Super ED and two ED elements promote greater clarity and color accuracy by reducing chromatic aberrations.
- Rounded 7-blade diaphragm contributes a smooth and natural bokeh quality.
Refined Focusing Performance
Linear Motor system uses two separate motors to provide quick, quiet, and precise autofocus and tracking performance. This design also contributes to more natural, intuitive Linear Response manual focus control and an AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for quick focus mode switching.
- Internal focusing design offers more responsive focusing performance and maintains a consistent overall lens length during operation.
- Suitable for close-up shooting, the minimum focusing distance is 6.7" with a 0.15x maximum magnification when using manual focus, or 7.9" with a 0.12x magnification when using autofocus.
- Smooth Motion Optics (SMO) suppresses focus breathing to help maintain compositional accuracy when changing focus. This lens is also compatible with the Breathing Compensation function in select Alpha cameras.
Robust Design and Intuitive Handling
- Dust- and moisture-resistant design suits working in inclement conditions.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Customizable focus hold button on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Lens measures 2.7" long and weighs 7.7 oz, making it a great portable choice that's well-suited to the sleeker size of APS-C bodies.
|Focal Length||15mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 22.5mm)|
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Lens Format Coverage||APS-C|
|Angle of View||87°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||6.7" / 17 cm|
|Optical Design||13 Elements in 12 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||55 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.6 x 2.7" / 66.6 x 69.5 mm|
|Weight||7.7 oz / 219 g|