Sony 20mm f/2.8 Alpha E-mount Lens
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 1.00 LBS
20mm Prime Lens
Aperture Range: f/2.8-16
30mm Equivalent in 35mm Format
Internal Stepping Motor
Direct Manual Focus
7.8" (0.2 m) Minimum Focus Distance
3 Aspherical Lens Elements
Fits Sony NEX-mount Cameras
The 20mm f/2.8 Alpha E-mount Lens from Sony is a compact 20mm prime lens for the Sony NEX line of APS-C sized mirrorless cameras. Its 35mm focal length equivalent is 30mm which classifies it as a wide-angle lens with multiple applications. Its maximum aperture of f/2.8 is bright enough for low-light capture and shallow depth of field imaging and its optical design consists of three aspherical elements which correct distortions and aberrations and provide clear, high contrast, detailed images. A smooth, quiet internal stepping motor is used for both focus drive and aperture actuation and makes this lens ideal for shooting video. Less than an inch long and built with aluminum alloy, it is both compact and durable. Autofocus and Direct Manual Focus, which allows for precise manual focus even in AF mode, is supported for both photo and video.
Wide-Angle Focal Length and Fast Aperture
- With a 20mm focal length (35mm equivalent of 30mm) and a bright maximum aperture of f/2.8, this lens provides a wide-angle focal length ideal for numerous applications and shooting situations. Its maximum aperture is fast enough for effective low-light shooting and shallow depth of field imaging.
- Compact Aluminum Design
- The aluminum alloy lens barrel is inlaid into a molded-plastic component for a lightweight yet durable construction. It measures 0.8" (20.4mm) in length and fits well with the compact design of the NEX-system cameras.
- Image Quality
- Three aspherical lens elements correct distortions and aberrations and richly detailed images with high resolution and excellent contrast are possible even in the periphery of the frame.
- Smooth, Quiet Focus and Aperture Actuation
- An internal stepping motor is used for focus drive and aperture actuation which results in a smooth, low-noise operation ideally suited for shooting video.
- Direct Manual Focus
- Direct Manual Focus allows for precise manual focusing at anytime, particularly useful for critical focus when shooting video.
- Circular Aperture
- This lens features seven aperture blades that form a near circle which provides a pleasing defocused circular effect (bokeh) on the background of your image when the aperture is set wide open.
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 30 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Sony (E Mount for NEX)|
|Format Compatibility||DSLR (APS-C Sensor)|
|Minimum Focus Distance||7.8" (.20 m)|
|Filter Thread||Front:49 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.46 x 0.80" (62.6 x 20.4 mm)|
|Weight||2.43 oz (69 g)|