- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22
- Five SLD Elements
- One Aspherical Element
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 1.6'
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- All-Metal Barrel Construction
- Weather-Sealed Construction
The Sony E-mount 90mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens from Sigma is a short-telephoto prime with impressive optical performance. It is well-suited for portraiture and selective everyday shooting and offers a fast f/2.8 aperture for controlling depth of field and working in less-than-ideal light. This lens includes an aspherical element and five special low dispersion elements to control a variety of aberrations and achieve notable sharpness and clarity. The lens incorporates a manual aperture ring for enhanced tactility, and also featured is a stepping motor for quick and quiet AF performance. A rounded nine-blade diaphragm lets you achieve pleasingly smooth bokeh, and the lens's all metal body is weather-sealed to suit working in inclement conditions.
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- I-series lens emphasizes a sleek and stylish physical design that is built to the same operational standards of Sigma's Cine lenses, including a mechanical aperture ring, knurled metal components, and various switches and tactile controls for intuitive operation.
- Short-telephoto 90mm lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however, can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 135mm equivalent focal length.
- Five Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- One aspherical element helps to control distortion and spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Integrated stepping motor realizes smooth and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an internal focusing design to promote greater responsiveness.
- Manual aperture ring includes an 'A' position for camera-based aperture selection.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity and rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount's design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Lens Format Coverage||Full-Frame|
|Angle of View||27°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.6' / 50 cm|
|Macro Reproduction Ratio||1:5|
|Optical Design||11 Elements in 10 Groups|
|Filter Size||55 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.5 x 2.4" / 64 x 59.7 mm|
|Weight||10.4 oz / 295 g|
|Package Weight||1.325 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.8 x 4.6 x 4.1"|