Sigma 70mm f/2.8 DG Macro Art Lens for Sony E
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 2.00 LBS
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Two FLD Elements, Two SLD Elements
- Low Dispersion and Aspherical Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- 1:1 Magnification, 10.2" Min. Focus
- Coreless DC AF Motor, Manual Override
- Weather-Sealed, Brass Bayonet Mount
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Optimized for notable image clarity at close working distances, the Sony E-mount 70mm f/2.8 DG Macro Art Lens from Sigma is a true 1:1, life-size macro lens well-suited for close-up and macro subjects. As a member of the esteemed Art series of lenses, this short-telephoto prime is also distinguished by its sophisticated optical design that makes use of two FLD elements, two SLD elements, one anomalous partial dispersion/high refractive index element, and two aspherical elements to limit both chromatic and spherical aberrations for high clarity, sharpness, and color accuracy. A Super Multi-Layer Coating also enhances image quality by suppressing lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity in strong lighting conditions. Additionally, a rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
Benefitting the imaging assets is a coreless DC motor that offers quick and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. The physical design utilizes Thermally Stable Composite material for durability in a wide range of environments, and a brass bayonet mount also offers rigidity and mounting precision.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Short-telephoto prime, this lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 105mm equivalent focal length.
- Two F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements, two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements, and one anomalous partial dispersion/high refractive index element are featured in the optical design, and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements are used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- True macro design affords a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a 10.2" minimum focusing distance to suit working with close-up subjects.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Coreless DC motor is used for quick and accurate autofocus performance. Additionally, an updated focusing algorithm, full-time manual focus override, large angle of rotation, and focus-by-wire system enable increased and controllable focus adjustment.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Compatible with optional EM-140 DG Macro Ring Flash when used in conjunction with the separate 65mm Macro Flash Adapter for even lighting as close working distances.
- Compatible with optional TC-1401 and TC-2001 Teleconverters to extend the effective focal length of the lens while retaining autofocus functionality.
|Camera Mount Type||Sony E|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||34.3°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||10.16" (25.8 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:1|
|Elements/Groups||13 / 10|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|