- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22
- One SLD Element, Two Aspherical Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Stepping Motor AF System
- Dust- and Splash-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Stylishly sleek, the Sony E-mount Sigma 65mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens is a shot-tele/long-normal prime offering a unique field of view well-suited to portraiture and selective everyday shooting. Complementing the slightly long focal length is a bright f/2 design that helps to maintain a portable form factor while also contributing to low-light performance and depth of field control. Optically, this 65mm f/2 includes a pair of aspherical elements and one low dispersion element in its design to control a variety of aberrations and achieve notable sharpness and clarity. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been applied, which reduces flare and ghosting for greater contrast.
Benefitting handling, this lens features a stepping motor for quick and quiet AF performance that suits both photo and video applications. As an I Series lens, too, this lens incorporates a manual aperture ring and all-metal barrel constriction into its design for enhanced tactility. Additionally, there is a rounded nine-blade diaphragm for smooth bokeh quality and the lens housing is also weather-sealed to suit working in inclement conditions.
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance, and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- I Series lens emphasizes a sleek and stylish physical design that is built to the same operational standards of Sigma's Cine lenses, including a mechanical aperture ring, knurled metal components, and various switches and tactile controls for intuitive operation.
- Long-normal 65mm lens is designed for full-frame Leica L-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 97.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture strikes and ideal balance between speed and size and manages to maintain a compact physical profile while also offering low-light performance and depth of field control.
- One Special Low Dispersion (SLD) element markedly reduces chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements help to control distortion and spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated stepping motor realizes smooth and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an internal focusing design to promote greater responsiveness.
- Manual aperture ring includes an 'A' position for camera-based aperture selection.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity and rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount's design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Included LCF62-01M magnetic lens cap attaches directly to the front of the lens and is compatible with the optional CH-11 Lens Cap Holder.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma UD-11 USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||36.8°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.8' / 55 cm|
|Optical Design||12 Elements in 9 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||62 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.8 x 3" / 72 x 76.2 mm|
|Weight||14.3 oz / 405 g|