- Full-Frame | f/1.4 to f/16
- Fast Compact Prime
- HLA Linear Focusing Motor
- Aspherical & SLD Glass Elements
- Rounded 11-Blade Diaphragm
- Dust & Splash-Resistant Design
The Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens (Leica L) is designed for Leica L-mount mirrorless cameras. Its 50mm focal length is ideally suited for portraiture, landscapes, and all-purpose shooting and provides a bright f/1.4 maximum aperture for shallow depth of field control. Based on the latest optical design technology, the lens incorporates 14 elements in 11 groups, with three aspherical lenses and one SLD glass element. The lens effectively suppresses various aberrations such as astigmatism and field curvature, which cannot be corrected in-camera. Additionally, the lens offers fast and quiet focusing and excellent tracking performance allowing the lens to be used in a variety of situations including shooting in dark places, shooting moving subjects, and video.
- Prime standard-length lens designed for full-frame Leica L-mount mirrorless cameras, however, can also be used on APS-C models where it provides a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture offers control over depth of field and suits working in low-light conditions.
- Newly designed HLA (High-response Linear Actuator) focusing motor provides unprecedented high-speed, high-precision, and quiet AF.
- Based on the latest optical design technology, the lens incorporates 14 elements in 11 groups, with 3 aspherical lenses and 1 SLD glass element. The lens effectively suppresses various aberrations such as astigmatism and field curvature, which cannot be corrected in-camera.
- Equipped with a focus mode switch, an aperture ring click switch, an aperture ring lock switch to prevent unintended operation, and an AFL button to assign any function from the camera.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Front lens element has been treated with a water- and oil-repellent coating to benefit working in harsh environmental conditions.
- Dust and splash-resistant construction with a brass bayonet mount for ensured accuracy and durability.
|Lens Format Coverage
|Angle of View
|Minimum Focus Distance
|17.7" / 45 cm
|Macro Reproduction Ratio
|14 Elements in 11 Groups
|72 mm (Front)
|Dimensions (ø x L)
|3.1 x 4.3" / 78.2 x 109.5 mm
|23.6 oz / 670 g