Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 DG HSM Art Lens for Canon EF
- 3.60 LBS
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Three FLD Elements, Three SLD Elements
- Three Aspherical Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic Motor AF System
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Built-In Lens Hood
Pairing a versatile range of wide-angle focal lengths with an impressively bright design, the Canon EF-mount Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 DG HSM is an Art-series zoom, distinguished by its fast f/2.8 constant maximum aperture to suit working in available lighting conditions. Featuring a sophisticated optical design, this lens utilizes a series of low dispersion and aspherical elements to minimize both chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to achieve high sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy. A Super Multi-Layer Coating also helps to suppress lens flare and ghosting for color-accurate, contrast-rich imagery in a variety of lighting conditions.
Benefitting handling, this 14-24mm is equipped with a Hyper Sonic AF motor with an optimized algorithm for speed and accuracy. The lens also offers a large focusing ring with full-time manual override settings for quickly making adjustments. A rounded 9-blade diaphragm improves image quality by helping create smooth bokeh, and the lens is constructed from a lightweight and durable thermally-stable composite. Additionally, a built-in lens hood helps to protect the front element as well as prevent stray light from causing flare.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens' is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Wide-angle zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however is also suitable for APS-C models where it provides a 22.4-38.4mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in available light conditions and also provides greater control over depth of field.
- Three Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements and three F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements control spherical aberrations and distortion for increased sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Front lens element has been treated with a water- and oil-repellent coating to benefit working in harsh environmental conditions.
- Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
|Focal Length||14 to 24mm|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Angle of View||114.2° to 84.1°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||10.24" / 26 cm|
|Optical Design||17 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.8 x 5.32" / 96.4 x 135.1 mm|
|Weight||2.53 lb / 1150 g|
|Package Weight||3.585 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||7.5 x 7.1 x 6.1"|