The Schneider 4X5.56" Black Frost 1 Water White Glass Filter flares highlights, mutes colors, and tones down contrast, while retaining rich blacks. This is a very useful combination of effects for 16mm and 35mm film, as well as for HD and standard video. This filter is primarily for styling or mood-modifying.
Note: Black Frost filters are available in strengths from 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, and 2-with 2 having the greatest effect.
- Depending on the grade chosen, Black Frosts subtly enhance a scene without degrading the image quality or black saturation.
- Black Frost enables cinematographers to capture blacker blacks than are possible with similar types of filters.
- Black Frost filters are made using a remarkable diffusion technology, to achieve a unique image styling that can be applied freely, without fear of having scenes appear "heavy-handed".
- By solving the problems of excessive light scatter and veiling glare associated with similar filters, Schneider Black Frost filters make possible a higher level of control and convenience.
Schneider Quality Control
- Schneider filters are ground and polished to a precise flatness and plane parallelism.
- Because all Schneider filters are designed and manufactured with the highest possible degree of consistency, you can swap like filters mid-shoot with no discernible variation in color or effect.
|Size||4X5.56" (100 x 140 x 4 mm thick)|
|Filter Factor||Not specified|
|Effect||Mutes colors, and tones down contrast, while retaining rich blacks|
|Application||16mm and 35mm film, as well as for HD and standard video|
|Color Temperature||Not specified|
|Construction||Water White Glass|
|Front Filter Thread Size||Not applicable|
|Front Lens Cap Size||Not applicable|
|Package Weight||0.45 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.4 x 5.1 x 1.2"|