Schneider 4 x 5.65" Circular True-Pol Circular Polarizer Filter
- Schneider Optics
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 0.50 LBS
- Minimize Reflections and Glare
- Reduces Haze in Landscapes
- Greater Color and Tonal Saturation
- Can Prevent Viewfinder Blackout
Helping to reduce reflections and glare, the 4 x 5.65" Circular True-Pol from Schneider is a circular polarizer well-suited for cine applications. This filter suppresses reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface, which results in a noticeable increase in the saturation of skies and foliage, as well as clearer imagery when working in hazy conditions. Compared to the traditional True-Pol linear polarizing filter, this circular polarizer is ideal for preventing viewfinder blackout when used with cameras featuring polarizing elements in the beam-splitter of their viewing system, such as the Arriflex 435 and MovieCam Compact.
The filter is constructed by laminating the polarizing film and a 1/4-wave retarder plate between two sheets of clear water-white optical glass. An Edge Seal process is then used to guard against edge chipping and delamination, as well as contribute to reducing edge reflections and flare.
- Reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Lessens haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° from the sun.
- Prevents blackout when used with cameras featuring polarizing elements in the beam-splitter of their viewing system.
- Polarizing film and 1/4-wave retarder are laminated between two sheets of clear water-white glass.
- Edge Seal process prevents edge chipping and delamination and also contributes to reducing flare and edge reflections.
|Filter Type||Circular Polarizer|
|Filter Factor||3 (1.6 Stop)|
|Rectangular Size||4 x 5.65" / 101.6 x 143.5 mm|
|Package Weight||0.435 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.5 x 5.2 x 1.2"|