Rotolight NEO 2 Videoconferencing Desktop Lighting Kit with Stand and Filters
- 1.00 LBS
- Color Temperature: 3150 to 6300K
- Continuous Light Output: 2000 lux at 3'
- Desktop Stand with Ball Joint Head
- 4 x Filters Included
The Rotolight NEO 2 Videoconferencing Desktop Lighting Kit with Stand and Filters is well suited for videoconference meetings, providing you with a soft key light. The Rotolight NEO 2 mounts on the included desktop stand using the included ball joint head. This allows you to place the light on your desk and avoids the need for a separate light stand. It also allows you to set the light up on your desk and not have to rearrange your workspace to accommodate light stands. The Rotolight is powerful but dimmable, allowing you to set the brightness to match the conditions of your space, be it bright and well lit with daylight streaming through windows or a more subdued environment with dim ambient light.
The stand arrangement allows you to position the NEO 2 for the most flattering effect, and the variable color temperature output allows you to adjust for the ambient color of the light in the room. To soften the light's output, you can use the included diffusion filters, either the 216 or the less dense 250. The included 184 cosmetic filter can also soften the light's output and put a slight warm glow onto your face.
The NEO 2 features Accu-Colour technology to ensure optimal color rendering, proven by the rated CRI of 96 and TLCI of 91. Output has been significantly improved as well, with an increase of 85% over its predecessor, and a flash mode that boosts output by 500% for stills and helps freeze action. At maximum power, this results in an output of 2000 lux at 3'. The NEO 2 uses six readily available AA batteries (not included) for power.
- Both continuous and flash modes are available so users can quickly switch between video and still shooting without needing to change out the lights.
- The built-in 2.4 GHz Elinchrom Skyport Receiver makes it possible to use the NEO 2 as a remote flash with high-speed sync support up to 1/8000 second. This requires the use of an optional Elinchrom Skyport Transmitter, and it allows for remote control over the NEO 2 from up to 656' away. Users can also sync using a wired PC sync or 3.5mm connection.
- Accu-Colour Technology ensures high-quality color rendering with a rated CRI of 96, with an R15 of 99 and a rated TLCI of 91. It also helps ensure maximum accuracy throughout the adjustable color temperature range of 3150 to 6300K. The LEDs used are also flicker-free and have a lifespan of about 100,000 hours.
- Overall output is rated at about 85% greater than its predecessor.
- The flash mode provides about 500% more light output when connected to a mains power source, or 250% when running on AA batteries.
- Local dimming and controls are made possible through a rear display and two dials/buttons on the rear of the fixture.
- True Aperture Dimming uses shutter speed and ISO information, as well as distance data, to calculate the proper aperture for your shot. It improves speed and use and helps shooters quickly get the appropriate power settings for their subjects.
- Designer Fade mode allows users to program fade-up and fade-down effects, including the ability to set the duration.
- Cinematographic Special FX, or CineSFX, features a variety of different settings and modes to create ambiance in your scene. This includes options for strobe, lightning, throb, color cycle, fire, police, television, and more.
- No recycle time or power loss is evident when using the NEO 2, making it a suitable option for high frame rates.
- For power, users have the options of six AA NiMH or Li-ion batteries or AC power from the included adapter. When running on batteries, the NEO 2 can run for 85,000 full-power flashes or 1.5 hours of continuous lighting.
- The NEO 2 can be mounted easily using the three 1/4"-20 tripod threads located around the edge of the light. A shoe mount adapter is included as well for using the NEO 2 as an on-camera light.
- The included filter kit features a 216 Full Diffuser, 250 Medium Diffuser, 184 Cosmetic Peach, and a 279 1/8 Magenta for creating unique or more flattering light for your subject.
Continuous light (4110K):
- At 3': 2000 lux / 194 fc
- At 6': 510 lux / 49 fc
- At 9': 227 lux / 21 fc
HSS flash mode (4110K):
- At 3': f/8 at ISO 200
- At 6': f/4 at ISO 200
- At 9': f/2.8 at ISO 200
|Color Temperature||3150 to 6300K|
|Color Accuracy Standard||CRI 96
194 fc / 2087.4 Lux at 3' / 0.91 m
49 fc / 527.2 Lux at 6' / 1.83 m
21 fc / 226 Lux at 9' / 2.74 m
|Dimming||Yes, 0 to 100%|
|Refresh Rate||8000 Hz|
|Battery Plate||6 x AA|
|Power Input Connector||Barrel / Coax|
|Power Source||AC Adapter, External Battery|
|Remote Port||3.5 mm|
|Wireless Frequency Bands||2.4 GHz|
|Wireless Range||656' / 200 m|