- V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35 Sensor Camera
- DSMC3 RED Touch 7.0" LCD Monitor & Hood
- 4 x REDVOLT XL-G Batteries & 1 x Charger
- 2 x RED PRO CFexpress 2TB Cards, Reader
- V-RAPTOR XL Riser Plate
- V-RAPTOR XL Top Handle with Extensions
- DSMC3 RED 5-Pin to Dual-XLR Adapter
- V-RAPTOR XL Top/Bottom 15mm LWS Brackets
- 18" DSMC3 RMI Cable
The RED DIGITAL CINEMA V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35 Production Pack (Gold Mount, Canon RF, Black) is an all-in-one system built to support high-end productions, featuring a robust I/O array, flexible power source compatibility and RED's first ever electronic ND system. This pack includes the V-RAPTOR 8K Super35 sensor camera, four REDVOLT XL-G batteries, a dual-battery charger, an XL riser plate, two 2TB PRO CFexpress cards, a CFexpress card reader, a RED Touch 7" LCD monitor with a hood, an XL top handle with extensions, top and bottom XL 15mm LWS support brackets, a 5-pin to dual-XLR audio adapter, and an 18" DSMC3 RMI cable
RED DIGITAL CINEMA V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35 Sensor Camera (PL, Gold Mount)
The Gold mount V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35 Camera from RED DIGITAL CINEMA offers up to 8K multiformat video capture, REDCODE Raw, Apple ProRes, and proxy recording, and 1080p live preview streaming in a streamlined form featuring an array of interfaces suitable for high-end crew use. This S35 version of the V-RAPTOR incorporates an interchangeable ARRI PL lens mount, internal ND filters, GbE (Gigabit Ethernet), and a built-in Ambient Lockit timecode/genlock unit.
The combination of Super35 capture, lens mount versatility, and the all-in-one DSMC3 form enables the V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35 to fit seamlessly into your wildlife and broadcast projects or other shoots involving lots of handheld work and multiple locations. Its industry-standard interface incorporates three 12G/6G/3G-SDI outputs, both 12 and 24V power outputs, timecode and genlock ports, and an integrated Gold mount battery plate.
35.4MP CMOS S35 Sensor
- The V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35's Super35mm 35.4 MP CMOS sensor provides a practical alternative to full-frame capture that is particularly suitable for in-the-field productions while still offering the high resolution and shallow depth of field beloved by cine-style shooters.
- 16.5+ stops of dynamic range give the V-RAPTOR 8K XL S35 the ability to capture stunning images in any environment you explore.
Interchangeable Lens Mount/Autofocus Options
- Includes an ARRI PL lens mount which can be swapped for a separately available Canon EF mount, enabling you to make use of a large variety of lenses.
- Offers on-sensor enhanced phase-detect autofocus and in-camera AI processing for select EF lenses with face detection and object tracking coming in future updates.
The streamlined form, interchangeable lens mounts, and the classic Super35 look makes the V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35 ideal for wildlife, broadcast, and cine-style productions.
Built-In Pro Interfaces
- Designed for professional crew use with integrated auxiliary power and mounting points for attaching multiple high-end camera accessories.
- Built-in Ambient Lockit mode for wireless genlock and timecode syncing.
- Multiple video outputs, including 12G/6G/3G-SDI.
Internal ND Filters
- Motorized clear and 2 to 7-stop electronic ND filters with 1/3, 1/4, and 1-stop increments provide precision exposure control.
- The internal NDs are easily controlled via the side push buttons or wirelessly using the iOS/Android RED Control app.
Side Control Panel
- Conveniently located on the assistant's side, an easy-to-navigate, 2.4" LCD panel provides comprehensive control, including status updates, in-camera format selection, and customizable buttons.
- The V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35's compact and durable DSMC3 form features micro-V battery compatibility, several monitor options, CFexpress card capture, and a modular design that, when paired with a compact Super35 lens, creates a portable, ergonomic form.
Note: The LCD panel is for camera control only; it does not provide preview video.
Streamlined Form with Dual-Voltage Battery Support
- The built-in interfaces and integrated OLED display lend the V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35 camera rig a streamlined, accessible form.
- An integrated Gold mount battery plate supports 24 to 34V batteries with multiple auxiliary power outputs and standard 12 to 16V batteries.
- The V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35's advanced cooling system uses dedicated fans to separately reduce the temperature of auxiliary power components and camera components while a heat exchanger maintains a precise sensor temperature.
- Together, these cooling functions reduce noise while recording, create a more robust system, and produce less black shading.
RED Control App
- Use the iOS and Android-compatible RED Control or RED Control Pro app for remote or tethered camera access.
- Access is available via Wi-Fi and the USB-C and Ethernet interfaces.
RED DIGITAL CINEMA 2TB PRO CFexpress 2.0 Type B Memory Card
Certified for RED V-RAPTOR camera systems, the 2TB PRO CFexpress 2.0 Type B Memory Card from RED offers protection from overheating, operates with a reduced power draw, and helps to ensure high bitrate captures. This card can capture all frame rates and resolutions, including Full HD and raw 4K, 6K, 8K, and 12K video. It features a capacity of 2TB and uses the PCIe 3.0 x2 bus to deliver maximum read/write speeds of 800 MB/s.
Designed and manufactured by Angelbird for RED, the PRO CFexpress 2.0 Type B series has been engineered with protection against shock, dust, water, temperature extremes, and x-rays, and has an MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) rating of 2.4 million hours. Included is lifetime data protection and an activation code for the full limited 3-year warranty. To receive the full limited warranty, the product needs to be registered on the Angelbird Personal Service Portal within 30 days after purchase. If not registered within this period, the market-specific legal guarantee period comes into force.
Note: This RED PRO CFexpress card is not compatible with DSMC, DSMC2, RED RANGER, or KOMODO camera systems.
- RED V-RAPTOR 8K VV cinema camera
- RED CFexpress card reader
- 2TB capacity
- Max Read/Write Speed: 800 MB/s
- Stable Stream
- CFexpress 2.0 Type B
- For photos, HD videos, and raw 4K to 12K resolutions
- Y1 processor designed for raw video and photo content
- Adaptive Power Management helps preserve battery life and card endurance
- Host Power Loss Protection
- Advanced Thermal Management helps protect the card, camera, and stored content
- Free data recovery service at the hardware and software levels
- Sticker Free
- Mean Time Between Failures of up to 2.4 million hours
- Temperature Sensor, TRIM, ECC, EMS Protection, Built-In Cache, and SMART
With Angelbird's adaptive thermal management system, you can feel confident that your data is protected from the threat of potential damage due to camera overheating during long shoots.
AV Pro Line Offers Quality and Performance
The AV Pro product line pushes the limits of speed and performance in the safest possible way. All AV Pro media solutions consider the real-world media needs of the professional creative and feature Stable Stream performance technology, which is ideal for high- definition, lossless (drop-fee) video recording and smooth data processing.
The entire lineup of Angelbird's AV Pro media solutions is built with rock-solid performance protections such as, shock, dust, x-ray, and splash-water proofing, and are tested for safe operating temperatures at extremes of -13 to 185°F.
Free Professional Data Recovery Service
Angelbird offers free professional data recovery service on all its products. In lieu of a self-service software download, Angelbird provides a staff of professionals who will evaluate the issue and safely attempt a secure data-recovery in their lab along with complementary express shipping. This service covers media that has encountered physical damage and/or software issues such as data or file corruption. Furthermore, Angelbird extends a non-disclosure agreement to their customers to ensure that the privacy and confidentiality of their content is also protected.
RED DIGITAL CINEMA CFexpress Card Reader
The CFexpress Card Reader from RED allows for the fast ingestion of the RED PRO 660GB CFexpress media card on systems that support 20 Gb/s USB 3.2 Gen 2x2. Built with a USB Type-C interface, power is received through the USB bus, meaning that no external power sources are required. The reader features a write-protect switch on the back to protect your data.
- RED PRO 660GB CFexpress card
RED DIGITAL CINEMA REDVOLT XL-G Battery (156Wh, Gold Mount)
Power your V-RAPTOR XL or most other Gold mount cameras with the REDVOLT XL-G Battery from RED DIGITAL CINEMA. This 156Wh battery automatically detects the voltage of your camera and outputs 12V/24A or 24V/12A power accordingly. The REDVOLT XL-G was designed in conjunction with battery-maker Core SWX.
- RED V-RAPTOR XL camera
- Select other cameras using a Gold mount plate
High/Low Voltage Output
Automatically detects your camera voltage and outputs 24V/12 A or 12V/24A power as needed
RED DIGITAL CINEMA Compact Dual Battery Charger (Gold Mount)
Charge two Gold mount batteries for use with a DSMC3 cinema camera such as the V-RAPTOR 8K VV while on location with the RED Compact Dual Gold Mount Battery Charger. Taking advantage of the same technology built into the larger fleet chargers, this compact charger can charge two Gold mount REDVOLT MICRO-G or REDVOLT XL-G batteries at a 3A rate. Designed and manufactured in partnership with Core SWX, the charger can charge two REDVOLT MICRO-V 98Wh batteries in less than five hours. A power cable is included.
Note: This dual charger was designed in partnership with Core SWX and is compatible with most Gold mount batteries. Contact Core SWX for issues or troubleshooting.
- RED REDVOLT MICRO-G batteries
- RED REDVOLT XL-G batteries
- Most Gold mount batteries
RED DIGITAL CINEMA DSMC3 RED Touch 7.0" LCD Monitor (Direct Mount)
Add a direct-mount onboard monitor to your DSMC3 camera rig with this DSMC3 RED Touch 7.0" LCD Monitor from RED DIGITAL CINEMA. The RED Touch features daylight viewing, a wide 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, and touchscreen control for DSMC3 cameras, such as the V-RAPTOR 8K VV. The monitor features a high 322 ppi pixel density, 1920 x 1200 resolution, 1250:1 contrast ratio, and 1300 cd/m² brightness that combine to offer high-quality imaging.
This monitor attaches directly to your DSMC3 BRAIN using the Pogo mount, and it provides video, data, and power to the monitor from the camera. If you need to use the Pogo mount for another accessory, the monitor also features a locking USB Type-C connector that alternately allows you to pass video, data, and power to the camera. The monitor features a tilt mount that allows it to tilt 180°.
Note: This DSMC3 RED Touch 7.0" LCD monitor is not compatible with DSMC, DSMC2, RED RANGER, or KOMODO camera systems.
- Designed for daylight viewing with 322 ppi, 1920 x 1200 resolution, and 1800 cd/m² brightness
- 1920 x 1200 resolution and wide 100% DCI-P3 color gamut for optimal imaging
- Mounts directly onto the BRAIN using the Pogo mount
- USB Type-C connector is used for video, data, and power
- Runs SmallHD PageOS software that provides camera control
- Tilt arm with 180° rotation
RED DIGITAL CINEMA V-RAPTOR XL Riser Plate (15mm & 19mm Studio)
The RV-RAPTOR XL Riser Plate from RED DIGITAL CINEMA enables you to raise a separately available 15 or 19mm studio baseplate to the correct optical height for mounting lenses and accessories. This riser plate also provides several 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mounting threads.
- RED V-RAPTOR XL camera
RED DIGITAL CINEMA V-RAPTOR Top Handle with Extensions
The RED DIGITAL CINEMA V-RAPTOR Top Handle with Extensions provides a complete modular top handle solution for the V-RAPTOR, allowing for lightweight or extended wraparound style configurations. It features a dedicated start/stop button, ergonomic bocote wood inlays, and multiple 3/8"-16 and 1/4"-20 mounting points. Additionally, this includes the 1", 3", and 5" top handle extension pieces, an elbow piece and a 15mm Monitor Mount.
Note: The V-RAPTOR Top Handle is not compatible with DSMC, DSMC2, RED RANGER or KOMODO camera systems.
V-RAPTOR Tactical Top Plate is required to secure Top Handle Support Arm to the camera.
RED DIGITAL CINEMA DSMC3 5-Pin to Dual XLR 3-Pin Adapter
Add two XLR inputs to your V-RAPTOR camera with the RED DSMC3 5-Pin to Dual XLR 3-Pin Adapter. Connect the included 5-pin ODU cable to your camera's ODU port, and the other end of the cable to the adapter's port. The adapter can provide 48V phantom power and supports both mic and line-level inputs. It mounts to the V-Raptor using a 3/8"-26 screw, and has anti-twist pins to prevent it from spinning on your camera. The unit also features 6 x M2.5 screw holes for future accessories.
Note: The DSMC3 RED 5-pin to dual XLR 3-pin adapter is not compatible with DSMC, DSMC2, RED RANGER, or KOMODO camera systems.
RED DIGITAL CINEMA Top 15mm LWS Rod Support Bracket for V-RAPTOR XL
This Top 15mm LWS Rod Support Bracket from RED DIGITAL CINEMA attaches securely to the top of your RED V-RAPTOR XL camera, enabling you to mount 15mm LWS compatible accessories like lens motors or viewfinder brackets.
- RED V-RAPTOR XL
- 15mm LWS rod-mounted accessories
RED DIGITAL CINEMA Bottom 15mm LWS Rod Support Bracket for V-RAPTOR XL
The Bottom 15mm LWS Rod Support Bracket from RED DIGITAL CINEMA mounts securely on the bottom of your RED V-RAPTOR XL camera or the optional riser plate. Use this bracket with separately available rods to mount 15mm LWS compatible accessories like a lens motor or matte box.
- RED V-RAPTOR XL camera
- RED V-RAPTOR XL riser plate
- 15mm LWS rod-mounted accessories
RED DIGITAL CINEMA DSMC3 RMI Cable (18")
Provide power and video to your RED Touch 7" monitor from your camera with the RED DIGITAL CINEMA DSMC3 RMI Cable. Its 18" length allows you more mounting opportunities than using the 10" cable that comes with the RED Touch LCD. This proprietary RMI (RED Monitor Interface) cable is only for RED DSMC3 products. Please note that although the cable bears a resemblance to a standard USB-C cable, it is not, and RED warns against using a USB-C cable in its place, as damage can occur to your camera and/or touchscreen.
RED DIGITAL CINEMA Hood for DSMC3 RED Touch 7" LCD
Use the Hood for DSMC3 RED Touch 7" LCD from RED DIGITAL CINEMA to reduce or eliminate glare on the monitor's screen, improving your viewing while outdoors or in bright light. This folding hood mounts quickly on the DSMC3 RED Touch 7" using two captive M3 screws.
- DSMC3 RED Touch 7" LCD only