The_Io XT_from_AJA_is a professional 3G-SDI/HDMI capture & playback device that serves as an editing solution for Macs equipped with Thunderbolt ports. With extensive I/O choices including 4:4:4 RGB, dual Thunderbolt ports for ultra-fast (up to 10 Gb/s) connections to both an editing suite and a storage device, and hardware-based up/down/cross conversion for HD and SD formats, this portable device is a strong choice for directing video- and audio-signal traffic into and out of your Mac editing computer __ whether a desktop system or a Thunderbolt-enabled MacBook Pro.
The Io XT has dual 3G/HD/SD-SDI inputs and two such outputs; these pairs can also be used for dual-link 4:4:4 RGB I/O. Supported 10-bit formats of that type include 1080i, 1080p, 1080PsF, and 720p. The device can also convert between 4:4:4 and 4:2:2 to set up single-link HD-SDI monitoring and output.
Speaking of conversion, the Io XT features a 10-bit, broadcast-quality motion-adaptive up/down/cross conversion, from HD to SD and vice versa, as well as between 1080 and 720 HD formats __ even at filmic 23.98 frame rates involving progressive segmented frames (720p23.98 to 1080PsF/23.98). All conversion is hardware-based, so it's available always for either ingest or playback.
HDMI I/O comes in the form of HDMI 1.3 in and HDMI 1.4a out, which includes support for 3D display for monitoring those stereoscopic projects. If the digital I/O capabilities of the device aren't enough, Io XT also features a full slate of analog audio and video ports, including 12-bit component analog video output.
In addition, Io XT features a BNC for either LTC or reference input, as well as one for LTC output. The RS-422 connector enables machine control, so you can drive any traditional tape-based VTR via the Io XT.
Of course the Io XT is compatible with the most popular Mac-based NLEs, and its drivers are optimized for OS X, so the application you're using can control the advanced hardware capabilities that AJA has built into the device. In addition, AJA Control Room software provides an intuitive, all-in-one way to control the Io XT in order to configure it for your own specific workflow, customizing the audio and video capture, conversion, playback, and output features. AJA Control Room supports a variety of video, audio, and still file types.
Thunderbolt cable not included.
- Dual Thunderbolt ports support "daisy-chaining" of multiple Thunderbolt-enabled devices, such as hard drives
- Dual 3G/HD/SD-SDI inputs and outputs
- Single link SDI 4:2:2 I/O
- Dual-link SDI 4:4:4 I/O
- Single-link 4:4:4 I/O (3G-SDI)
- HDMI input and output (with support for HDMI 1.4a 3D displays)
- Analog component/composite HD/SD output, 10-bit
- Video up, down, and cross conversion (hardware-based, 10-bit)
- Eight-channel embedded SDI audio i/o
- Eight-channel (four pairs) balanced analog audio output (using a DB-25 type cable)
- Front-panel LED VU meters
- Headphone output with level control
- Reference input / LTC input (selectable)
- LTC output
- RS-422 control via Sony-style 9-pin connector
- 4-pin XLR Power (AC adapter included)
- Designed to be reliable, tough, and portable
- For Macs with Thunderbolt Ports
- Dual 3G/HD/SD-SDI Inputs & Outputs
- 4:4:4 RGB via Single- & Dual-Link SDI
- HDMI 1.4a I/O with 3D Support
- Analog Video & Audio Output
- RS-422 Control
- Reference In & Linear Time Code I/O
- Hardware 10-Bit Up/Down/Cross Conversion
- 2x Thunderbolt for Daisy-Chaining
- Lightweight with Portable Form Factor