Sound Devices MixPre-10T Multi-Channel Audio Recorder
- Sound Devices
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 4.00 LBS
- 10-Input/12-Track Recorder with Timecode
- Kashmir Microphone Preamps
- USB Audio-Recording Interface
- Ring LED Metering per Channel
- Timecode via Multiple Connections
- Flexible Routing via Easy-to-Read Matrix
- TA3 and 3.5mm Outputs
- Auto Copy for Safety
- Multiple Powering Options
- Records Sample Rates up to 192 kHz
The Sound Devices MixPre-10T is a high-resolution audio recorder with flexible routing, integrated USB audio streaming, timecode-generating abilities, clocking, and more. It can be used by field recordists, sound designers, podcasters, videographers, and musicians in various audio environments.
The MixPre-10T features Sound Devices' Kashmir ultra-low noise, discrete, and Class-A microphone preamps. Built with 32-bit A-to-D converters, this sound device ensures audio recordings surpass those of off-the-shelf, IC-based mic preamps. The unit can function as a USB audio interface and record audio to an SD card while simultaneously streaming multiple channels of audio via USB. Furthermore, the sunlight-readable color LCD of the MixPre-10 provides convenient navigation.
The MixPre-10T is constructed with a die-cast aluminum chassis, is lightweight, and sports a robust build. Also, it is relatively compact, making it well suited for jobs where portability is a plus.
Boasting intuitive operation and advanced mixing capabilities such as ergonomic gain-control knobs, pan and soloing, timecode connections in multiple formats, BNC I/O for clocking, 1/4"-20 mounting capacity, 3.5mm headphone monitoring, balanced TA3 outputs, and the AA battery/Sony L-Mount lithium-ion battery powering options, the MixPre-10T is sure to meet all your audio-application needs.
- Solid Audio Quality
- Featuring eight handcrafted, high-performance, ultra-low-noise, discrete, Class-A Kashmir microphone preamps, the MixPre-10T has a -130 dBV noise floor, analog limiters, and 32-bit A-to-D converters. These features ensure quality audio recordings. The MixPre-10T's pre-roll feature captures ten seconds of audio before the record button is pressed, ensuring the capture of crucial audio even when the operator can't start recording fast enough.
- Accurate Timecode Generator/Reader with Wordclock
- The MixPre-10T features a built-in, accurate timecode generator and reader. Even when turned off, or when all power is removed, the MixPre-10T continues to hold accurate timecode for hours, long enough for lunch breaks and other pauses in the daily schedule. With its BNC, Aux, and HDMI timecode connections, all common frame rates and timecode modes are supported, as is the ability to synchronize with/output wordclock, making it suitable for the digital audio environment.
- Flexible Powering
- The MixPre-10T sports multiple powering options, such as a locking 4-pin Hirose connector (10 to 18V) for external battery power, or AC power (with the optional AC adapter). Like the MixPre-3 & MixPre-6, the MixPre-10T can also be powered from AA batteries in a convenient detachable sled of eight cells, or via an optional sled that offers powering from up to two hot-swappable Sony L-Mount lithium-ion batteries.
- Flexible I/O Routing
- The MixPre-10T offers eight XLR/TRS combo Mic/Line level inputs, as well as a 3.5mm Aux/Mic input that can be used for 2-channel line input, camera return, or timecode. Also provided are two TA3 balanced outputs and a 3.5mm Stereo output, each with its own routing matrix; this further bolsters routing flexibility.
- Auto Copy
- With this feature, you can record files up to 192 kHz/24-bit to an SD card, while automatically copying to a USB thumb drive (USB Type-A) for handing off to a client (or as a backup copy).
- Mixing, Metering, and Monitoring
- The MixPre-10T incorporates a simple mixer that offers gain-control knobs and access to panning and soloing via a simple press of the knob. For metering, the unit provides easy-to-read ring LEDs with limiter activity, along with three LCD views for multitrack, mix, and USB-return metering. The MixPre-10T also includes a 3.5mm jack for headphone monitoring with user-programmable routing presets.
- Ambisonics Integration
- Upon installation of the free Ambisonics plug-in (from the Sound Devices Plug-In Store), field recordists, game developers, and VR content creators will appreciate the support for simultaneous multi-format recording (AmbiX, FuMa, LR Stereo, and LR Binaural), real-time binaural/stereo monitoring, and A-Format, B-Format, and A- to B-Format conversion.
- Wireless Control and Workflow
- The MixPre-10T features integrated Bluetooth Smart for easy wireless connection, control, and metering via the free Sound Devices Wingman app (compatible with iOS and Android devices). It also allows you to manage and create sound reports, and, via Wingman, email those reports directly from a mobile device.
- USB Audio Interface
- The MixPre-10T doubles as a USB audio interface with 12 inputs and four outputs, communicating with computers at sample rates of up to 96 kHz. The unit also sports the ability to record to an SD card while simultaneously streaming audio via USB.
- USB Control Surface Support
- Control fader, trim (gain), pan, low-cut filtering, reverb, record, stop, and more from the Korg nanoKONTROL Studio, Korg nanoKONTROL2, Akai MIDImix, or Novation Launch Control XL USB control surfaces (all available separately).
|Supported Media||SD cards and USB thumb drives|
|Frequency Response||10 Hz to 80 kHz +/- 0.5 dB re 1 kHz @ 192 kHz sample rate|
|THD + N||0.005% max (@ 1 kHz, 22 Hz to 22 kHz BW, gain=20 dB, -10 dBu in)|
|ADC||32-bit precision; 120 dB dynamic range min (A-weighted, gain=10 dB, fader=0 dB)|
|Equivalent Input Noise||-130 dBV (-128 dBu) max, (A-weighting, gain=76 dB, 150-Ohm source impedance)|
|Inputs||Mic: XLR active-balanced; 4-kOhm input Z |
Line: XLR active-balanced; 4-kOhm input Z
Aux/Mic In: 3.5 mm TRS, 2-channel unbalanced; 100-kOhm input Z
Line: 1/4" TRS, active-balanced; 4-kOhm input Z
USB Audio: 4 channels
All inputs fully RF-filtered and overload-protected
|Gain||Mic Input: +6 to +76 dB |
Line Input: -20 to +30 dB
Fader: -inf to +20 dB
Headphone: -inf to +20 dB
Total, Mic-to-Recording (Max): +96 dB
Aux In, Mic: +10 to +40 dBu
Aux In, Line: -10 TO +20 dB
Total Aux Gain (Including Fader): +60 dB
|Maximum Input Level||Mic XLR: +14 dBu (limiters on or off) |
Line XLR-1/4": +28 dBu (limiters on or off)
Aux Mic In: -10 dBu
Aux Line In: +10 dBu
|Low Cut Filters||40 to 160 Hz (adjustable), 18 dB/oct. First stage analog, subsequent stages digital|
|Microphone Power||Mic XLRs: 48 V via 6.8-kOhm resistors, 10 mA each |
Mic 3.5 mm: 3 V @ 3-kOhm source Z
|Limiter||Limiter at all gain stages, range >40 dB. First stage analog, subsequent stages digital|
|Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC)||Stereo Out, Headphone Out: 32-bit precision; 115 dB dynamic range (A-weighted)|
|Outputs||L/R Output: TA3 2-channel balanced, 1.1 kOhms max output impedance, +7.8 dBu maximum output level |
X1/X2 Output: 1/8" (3.5 mm) TRS stereo unbalanced, 500-Ohm output Z, +7.8 dBu max output level
|USB||Audio Interface (USB Type-C): 12-in/4-out; 44.1 to 192 kHz; 16-/24-bit; class-compliant USB 2.0 high-speed or ASIO (supplied) |
Mass Storage (USB Type-C): USB 2.0 high-speed
Keyboard (USB Type-A): Text entry and control
|Maximum Record Tracks||12 Tracks: Stereo mix + 10 ISOs|
|Sampling Frequency||44.1, 47.952, 48, 48.084, 96, 192 kHz|
|Bit Depth||16, 24|
|Storage Type||Type: SD, SDXC, SDHC card |
Max Storage Size: 512 GB (SDXC)
Card Format: FAT32 (32 GB or less) or exFAT (>32 GB)
|File Type||WAV (Broadcast Wave File format) with embedded timecode stamp and metadata|
|Timecode||Free Run |
Time of Day: File stamped w/current ToD
Ext LTC: File stamped w/incoming LTC on Aux 1/8" (3.5 mm)
HDMI TC: File stamped w/incoming TC from HDMI & sample clock slaved from HDMI sample clock. Only works on specific cameras that support HDMI TC
|Frame Rates Supported||Auto-Detects (FPS): 23.98 (same as 23.976) |
|Remote Control||Bluetooth Smart: Wireless control using Wingman app |
HDMI: Auto-record start/stop trigger from cameras that output record flag over HDMI
Timecode: Auto-record start/stop trigger via Aux In timecode
|Touchscreen||320x240; 1.6", color, sunlight-viewable IPS LCD|
|Power||AA Batteries: 8 x AA sled (included), NiMH recommended |
From Computer: Bus-powered via USB Type-C port; use MX-USBY cable (included), connects one USB Type-C to two USB Type-A ports
AC Adapter: XL-WPH3: Universal, 45 W in-line, AC-to-DC power supply (Hirose 4-pin DC plug), with detachable IEC power cord. 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
L-Mount: Optional sled for 2x (hot-swappable) Sony L-type lithium-ion batteries
|Environmental||Operating: -4 to 140°F / -20 to 60°C, 0 to 90% relative humidity (non-condensing) |
Storage: -40 to 185°F / -40 to 85°C
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||1.4 x 8.1 x 6.9" / 36 x 206 x 175 mm|
|Weight||2.0 lb / 0.9 kg (without batteries)|
|Package Weight||3.45 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||12.9 x 10.9 x 4.2"|