Rode VideoMic with Rycote Lyre Suspension System
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 2.00 LBS
Directional Video Condenser Microphone
Rycote Suspension System
Mounts to Standard Camera Shoe
3.5mm Mini Plug
9V Battery Powered
The_VideoMic with Rycote Lyre Suspension System_from_Rode_is a shotgun microphone that can easily be mounted on a DSLR camera. It features a Rycote suspension system that attaches to the camera's shoe. The VideoMic is lightweight, and when mounting on a camera it does not appear in the frame. The VideoMic can also mount to Rode's boompoles for elevated audio capture. Its super-cardioid polar pattern attenuates sounds from the sides. The result is a signal that sounds closer to the camera, even when shooting in noisy environments or at moderate distances._
The included Rycote Lyre is a non-elasticated suspension structure composed of a hard-wearing thermoplastic. It is more effective at acoustically decoupling microphones from unwanted vibrations, handling and cable-borne noise than elasticated suspensions. The lyre remains effective at a wide range of temperatures and is virtually indestructible. It will never wear out, sag, snap or require any rethreading to maintain its effectiveness._
An attached, coiled cable terminates to a 1/8" (3.5mm) mini output connection. The VideoMic features a condenser element that utilizes a standard 9 Volt battery (sold separately). The microphone will run for approximately 100 hours on a single battery.
- Barrel Canceling Pick Up
- The Rode Video Mic functions as a true line plus gradient microphone with a super-cardioid pattern in the front and a barrel that cancels side-audio. The result is maximum pick up of the source in highly ambient and noisy environments.
- Selectable 10 or 20dB Pad
- When capturing audio in loud environments, the VideoMic offers built-in attenuation. The selectable 10 or 20dB pad lessens the microphone's sensitivity, allowing it to handle higher SPL levels without sacrificing clarity.
- High Pass Filter Switch
- A high-pass filter switch eliminates room ambiance and noise below 80Hz. This results in improved intelligibility while recording around machinery, wind or close proximities.
- Internal Power
- The condenser element is powered with a standard 9-volt battery for up to 100 hours (approximately).
|Frequency Response||40 Hz to 20 kHz|
|High-Pass Filter||@ 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave, selectable|
|Dynamic Range (Typical)||114 dB (per IEC651, IEC268-15)|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||74 dB (1 kHz @ 1 Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)|
|Maximum Input Sound Level||134 dB (@ 1% THD into 1k_)|
|Power Requirements||9V battery|
|Output Connectors||1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo mini plug, male|
|Pad||-10 and -20 dB|
|Dimensions (_ x H x L)||2.55 x 4.02 x 8.84" (65 x 102 x 250 mm)|
|Weight||6.21 oz (176 g)|