- L-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Three Aspherical Elements
- Linear AF Motor
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Weather-Sealed Construction
Designed for full-frame L-mount mirrorless cameras, the Panasonic Lumix S 24mm f/1.8 is a sleek and compact wide-angle prime. Its 24mm focal length is ideally suited for landscapes, nature, interior, and architectural photography and provides a modestly bright f/1.8 maximum aperture for shallow depth of field control. Featuring an uncompromising optical design and the power to capture broad landscapes with corner-to-corner sharpness, this lens provides for rich and detailed stills and smooth and compelling video.
Composed of twelve lens elements in eleven groups, this lens features three aspherical elements, three extra-low dispersion elements, and one ultra extra-low dispersion element to reduce chromatic aberration and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy. The lens offers high resolution sharpness and performance to support 4K video as well, and a linear autofocus motor suppresses focus breathing and delivers smooth, precise, and near silent focusing performance.
- Prime wide-angle lens designed for full-frame L-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used on APS-C models where it provides a 36mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture offers control over depth of field and suits working in low-light conditions.
- Benefitting professional video applications, linear focus ring control for mechanical-based follow focus systems moves the focus at a constant speed in accordance with the rotating angle of the focus ring.
- Excels in video recording performance with a mechanism that suppresses focus breathing.
- Smooth exposure changes by micro-step aperture control for video applications.
- High resolution sharpness and performance to support 4K video.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Dust-, moisture-, and freeze-resistant design for increased protection from the elements.
|Lens Mount||Leica L|
|Angle of View||84°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.4" / 24 cm|
|Optical Design||12 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||67 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.9 x 3.2" / 73.6 x 82 mm|
|Weight||10.9 oz / 310 g|