With a 25.2MP Live MOS sensor and new engine, the Panasonic Lumix G9 II Digital Mirorrless Camera (Body Only) boasts outstanding photographic performance, with the first Phase Detection Autofocus in the G series. Shoot continuously with speed and precision -- this flagship model for the G Series has improved high-speed performance and mobility to create still images to capture the decisive moment.
The LUMIX G9II offers AFC burst shooting of up to approximately 3 seconds, all with the viewfinder staying blackout-free, as well as incredible slow-motion video. The compact and lightweight system is easy to use on the go, while the Image Stabilizer allows hand-held shooting even in low-light environments or at telephoto range. Now includes LEICA Monochrome and REAL TIME LUT.
25.2MP Digital Live MOS Sensor & Updated Processor
Engineered for high-speed high-resolution imaging, the G9 II comes equipped with a 25.2MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds sensor and an updated processor to create sharp, detailed stills and cinematic-quality DCI 4K and UHD 4K video. This configuration maximizes resolution while keeping noise to a minimum, delivering realistic color tones and lifelike three-dimensional imagery. Additionally, the G9 II features a handheld high-res mode that compiles multiple exposures to create a single 100MP raw or JPEG file.
4K Video Recording & Video Shooting Assist Functions
- Beyond stills shooting, the G9 II is a highly-capable video camera featuring up to DCI 4K and UHD 4K 60p unlimited recording with 4:2:2 10-bit color, and for videographers who want to create high-resolution slow-motion video, the camera also supports C4K/4K 120p video capture with 4:2:0 10-bit color.
- Frame Indicator function surrounds the frame with a red border as you record, helping you to avoid mistakes such as forgetting to press the record button.
- Simplifying the conversion process from anamorphic videos to vertical videos for social media, the Frame Marker function lets you record video while imagining the angle of view when cropping in post production.
- AWB Lock mode locks in auto white balance to optimize efficiency in situations where the light source is variable indoors due to a mixture of artificial and natural light, or in situations where manual settings based on color temperature would have been required.
- Vertical Position Information function detects the vertical orientation of the video, allowing you to select whether or not to add the vertical position video information from the menu.
- An advanced Focus Transition function automatically shifts the focus point at a constant speed for precise in-focus to out-focus points to give you the impressive rack focus motion picture effect.
Pro-Level Video Versatility
- V-Log has been pre-installed on this camera and is used to capture a flat, neutral gamma curve, and an equivalent 13+ stops of dynamic range provides precise control of color data in post-production, as well as seamless editing with footage shot with VariCam cameras.
- With the Lumix G9 II, recording and playback is supported using an external SSD via USB. Additionally, you have the ability to record ProRes 422 HQ and 4:2:2 10-bit All-Intra directly to an SSD, which combines portability and high capacity for improved efficiency in data backup and post-processing.
- Supports ProRes 422 codec delivering outstanding image quality with low compression. This significantly reduces the load on your computer during post-production and allows non-linear editing without transcoding, streamlining your workflow from start to finish.
- Real Time LUT video recording to streamline your workflow and color grading.
- Supports .CUBE, .VLT, and .TXT formats for V-Log View Assist in real time to approximate the final look of your deliverable.
Phase Hybrid AF System
The G9 II is the first Lumix G-series mirrorless camera to adopt a Phase Hybrid AF system, which offers 779 phase-detection points to provide fast and precise focusing for outstanding AF accuracy. When it comes to autofocus, dependability is the most important thing, and with Phase Detection AF you can fully supplement and track the subject in six different situations that until now had been a challenge for conventional systems to capture. Whether shooting stills or video, this means the G9 II persistently captures the intended subject in difficult scenes involving multiple people in backlit or low-light environments.
5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization & Dual I.S. 2
- Helping to achieve the utmost sharpness when working handheld, Dual I.S. 2 combines the camera's 8 stop-rated 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization technology with lens-based 2-axis image stabilization to compensate for a broader range of movement types to render sharper, clearer imagery. Dual I.S. 2 requires the use of compatible Lumix lenses featuring O.I.S. When working with adapted lenses, you can manually select whether to use the in-camera sensor-shift image stabilization or the lens's optical stabilization.
- Designed for video applications, features Boost I.S., a digital image stabilization technology that aids in creating a stable composition when recording from a fixed perspective.
- New Active I.S. mode that corrects for camera shake when shooting on the move. Additionally, an improved E.I.S system corrects for even larger camera shakes during running situations.
Powerful Photographic Features
- Equipped with several recently-developed pre-programmed settings, the G9 II features the Leica Monochrome photo style, which delivers beautiful creations of black and white scenes.
- Dynamic Range Boost setting creates a real-time HDR composition with a single exposure to rival the image quality of a full-frame camera.
- Live View Composite mode for nighttime photographers capturing starry skies and fireworks.
- Improved pre-burst shooting with 0.5, 1, and 1.5-second settings, allowing you to go back in time to capture those perfect moments.
- Continuous shooting rates of up to 75 fps when using the camera's electronic shutter, or up to 14 fps when using the mechanical shutter
- A high-resolution 3.68m-dot OLED EVF offers a clear 0.8x magnification along with a smooth 60 fps or 120 fps changeable refresh rate.
- Large 3.0" 1.84m-dot LCD is a bright, clear means for live view shooting as well as playback and menu navigation. The screen features a free-angle design to suit working from high, low, and front-facing angles, and its touchscreen design affords intuitive settings control.
- An 8-direction joystick and easy-to-use menu design enable quick and efficient operation.
- Dual SD memory card slots - both UHS-II-compatible - offer improved flexibility for image storage, allowing you to designate raw and JPEG files to different cards, save duplicate files to both cards, or simply double your storage space with overflow recording.
- A USB Type-C port allows for fast file transferring as well as high-speed in-camera battery charging. Additionally, an HDMI Type-A port benefits video applications, a 2.5mm port can be used with the optional DMW-RS2 Remote Shutter, and 3.5mm microphone and headphone jacks suit advanced audio recording needs.
- Optional XLR Microphone Adapter that provides XLR inputs and physical controls through a hot shoe connection.
- A robustly-built magnesium alloy body with dust and splash-resistant design accommodates working in harsh weather conditions and trying environments.
Bluetooth & Wi-Fi
Bluetooth Low Energy (5.0) provides a constant connection between your smartphone or tablet with minimal power consumption. For more robust wireless activities, IEEE 802.11b/g/n and 802.11a/n/ac support is also available for faster transmission and more fluid remote control and monitoring. Complementing the camera's wireless connectivity, Lumix Sync is an iOS and Android app designed to pair with the camera for smartphone or tablet-based remote shooting control, wireless image transfer, and updating firmware.