Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with 14-42mm and 45-150mm Lenses (Black)
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 6.00 LBS
- 16MP Live MOS Sensor
- Venus Engine 9 Image Processor
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 2.36m-Dot OLED Viewfinder
A well-rounded starter kit, the black Lumix DMC-G7 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with 14-42mm and 45-150mm Lenses from Panasonic bundles the sleek Micro Four Thirds camera body with the Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. standard zoom lens and the Lumix G Vario 45-150mm f/4-5.6 ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. telephoto zoom lens.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with 14-42mm Lens (Black)
Offering true recording versatility, the black Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 is a true hybrid mirrorless camera that blends 4K UHD video with advanced still capture and burst shooting capabilities. Revolving around a 16 MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds sensor and Venus Engine 9 image processor, the G7 features notable low-light sensitivity to ISO 25600, continuous shooting to 8 fps with single-shot AF, as well as a trio of 30 fps shooting rates based on the 4K UHD video recording. Complementing the fast burst shooting modes is an equally adept DFD autofocus system, which works to quicken focusing speeds and emphasize accurate subject tracking for consistently sharp imagery in fast-paced and trying working conditions. Rounding out the feature-set of the G7 is a contemporary body design accentuated by physical exposure control dials, six customizable function buttons, both a high-resolution EVF and 3.0" tilting touchscreen LCD, and built-in Wi-Fi for wireless sharing and remote camera control. Bridging the gap between stills and video, the Lumix DMC-G7 pairs these two high-resolution mediums with refined focusing and shooting controls for the utmost in shooting versatility.
Included with the camera body is the well-rounded Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. lens, which provides a 28-84mm equivalent focal length range to cover wide-angle to short telephoto perspectives. An Optical Image Stabilizer compensates for camera shake for sharper handheld shooting while a pair of aspherical elements help to minimize the overall lens size and maintain a high degree of sharpness and clarity throughout the zoom range.
16 MP Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine 9
A 16 MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds sensor pairs with an updated Venus Engine 9 to deliver fast overall performance with matched image quality to suit working in a wide variety of lighting conditions with consistent results. Sensitivity ranges from ISO 200 to 25600, with the ability to extend down to ISO 100 for working in bright conditions or with longer shutter speeds. Versatile burst shooting modes also allow you to pair high continuous shooting rates with AF; including shooting up to 8 fps with AF-S, 6 fps with AF-C in one area, and 6 fps during live view. For even faster performance, up to 40 fps shooting is possible with the electronic shutter function or 30 fps at 8 MP using the 4K Photo Modes.
The sensor and processor combination also helps to ensure notable image quality through the use of accurate white balance settings, Live TTL direct exposure metering, and intelligent NR (Noise Reduction) control for clean, natural imagery. Additionally, the Venus Engine 9 aids in reducing image blur caused by diffraction using electronic adjustment to automatically sharpen edges for clearer results when photographing with smaller aperture sizes.
4K UHD Video Recording
In addition to the versatile still shooting modes, the G7 also supports recording 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) video with either 30p or 24p frames rates at 100Mbps in the MP4 format. Full HD 1080p/60 is also supported, in both MP4 and AVCHD formats, as well as HD and SD resolutions.
A built-in stereo microphone can be used during recordings, and features an integrated wind-cut filter, or an optional external microphone can be utilized via the 3.5mm jack for even clearer sound.
4K Photo Modes
- Utilizing the 4K video recording capabilities, a trio of still shooting modes are available for recording continuous 8 MP stills at a 30 fps shooting rate:
- 4K Burst: Just as with video recording, this mode will allow you to continuously record 8 MP images at 30 fps for up to 29 min. 59 sec., making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- 4K Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record 8 MP images at 30 fps one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- 4K Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the 4K video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8 MP frame.
When using any of the 4K Photo modes, you are afforded complete exposure control using the PSAM dial in order to base metering results and exposure configurations on your own shooting needs.
Depth-From-Defocus AF Technology
For accelerated autofocus performance, which performs in low-light conditions down to -4 EV, DFD (Depth-From-Defocus) technology is employed to quickly calculate the distance to subjects and adjust the focusing position in as little as 0.07 seconds. This contrast-detection type focus method benefits both still and video recording modes, as well as subject tracking applications where subject color, size, and motion vectors are used to intelligently lock-onto the moving subjects and ensure precise focus.
Benefitting manual focus operation, focus peaking is available that highlights bright edges of contrast with a colored outline for quickly recognizing your focus point, as well as depth of field distances.
Body Design and Wi-Fi
Featuring a sleek design that is characteristic to Micro Four Thirds cameras, the G7 pairs retro aspects with modern functionality for intuitive use and classic appeal. Front and rear dials avail direct aperture and shutter speed control, as well as quick changing of ISO and white balance settings. Six function buttons can be assigned to control a range of custom features and the main drive wheel offers fast switching between shooting modes, including the 4K Photo modes.
For greater versatility when shooting, both a high-resolution electronic viewfinder and rear LCD monitor are available. The 2.36m-dot OLED Live View Finder features a 10,000:1 contrast ratio for bright, accurate viewing of scenes, even in difficult lighting. The 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD features a static touchscreen design for intuitive navigation and control, as well as a vari-angle design for easier working from high and low angles.
Rounding out the handling capabilities, the G7 also features built-in Wi-Fi connectivity for wirelessly sharing images and remotely controlling the camera from a linked mobile device using the Panasonic Image App. Connection is simplified using a QR code system to pair the smartphone or tablet with the camera.
Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. Lens
A versatile standard zoom, the Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. is a 28-84mm equivalent wide-to-short tele featuring an Optical Image Stabilizer to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Two aspherical elements are incorporated within the lens design to reduce the overall size and weight as well as benefit image sharpness and clarity. Complementing the optical design is an internal focusing system that pairs with the camera's contrast-detection AF for quick, accurate focusing performance.
Other Camera Features
- An electronic shutter function affords both a high top shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec. as well as silent operation for quick, inconspicuous shooting.
- UHS-II SDHC/SDXC memory cards are supported in order to benefit the high-resolution, data-intensive 4K movie and raw burst shooting workflows.
- An Electronic Level Gauge can be used to help ensure level horizons and plumb verticals.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) automatically composites several images of varying exposures in order to gain greater highlight and shadow details and an extensive middle range of tones.
- A built-in pop-up flash provides additional illumination for photographing in difficult lighting conditions, and features a guide number of 20.3' at ISO 100.
- A Panorama mode automatically stitches together multiple images in order to realize one wide-spanning horizontal or vertical image.
- Photo Style modes: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom, Cinelike D, and Cinelike V.
- Creative Control modes: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, and Sunshine.
- Language support: English, Japanese, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and Chinese (Traditional).
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm f/4-5.6 ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. Lens
Covering portrait-length to telephoto perspectives, the Lumix G Vario 45-150mm f/4-5.6 ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. Lens from Panasonic is compatible with Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 90-300mm equivalent focal length range. One UHR (Ultra-High Refractive Index) element pairs with two aspherical elements to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions for consistent edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination. Multi-coatings have also been applied to individual elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity in harsh lighting conditions.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, this lens also features a stepping motor for fast and quiet autofocus performance that benefits both stills and movie shooting. Additionally, MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld in difficult lighting conditions.
- Designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras, this lens provides a 90-300mm equivalent focal length range to cover a variety of telephoto perspectives.
- One UHR element helps to achieve even illumination and sharpness for consistent performance throughout the aperture and zoom ranges.
- A pair of aspherical elements reduces spherical aberration and distortion for increased sharpness and clarity.
- Multi-coated elements help to suppress lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color accuracy.
- MEGA O.I.S. compensates for camera shake in order to realize sharper photos and videos when shooting handheld.
- Stepping motor provides smooth, near-silent autofocus that is compatible with Lumix cameras' high-speed contrast-detection systems.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm produces a smooth out-of-focus quality when working with shallow depth of field techniques.
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Camera Format||Micro Four Thirds (2x Crop Factor)|
|Pixels||Actual: 16.84 Megapixel
Effective: 16 Megapixel
|Maximum Resolution||4592 x 3448|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Sensor Size||17.3 x 13 mm|
|Image File Format||JPEG, MPO, RAW|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 200 to 25600 (Extended: 100 to 25600)|
|Shutter Speed||Electronic Front Curtain Shutter
1/4000 to 60 Seconds
0 to 2 Minutes in Bulb Mode
1/16000 to 1 Second in Movie Mode
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Multiple, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-5 to +5 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|Metering Range||0 to 18 EV|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, Incandescent, Shade, White Set 1, White Set 2, White Set 3, White Set 4|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 40 fps at 16 MP for up to 80 Exposures
Up to 30 fps at 8 MP for up to 53 Exposures
Up to 8 fps at 16 MP for up to 80 Exposures
Up to 6 fps at 16 MP for up to 80 Exposures
Up to 2 fps at 16 MP for up to 80 Exposures
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 24p/29.97p [100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 59.94p [28 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 29.97p [20 Mb/s]
HD (1280 x 720) at 29.97p [10 Mb/s]
SD (640 x 480) at 29.97p [4 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 59.94p [28 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 24p/29.97p [24 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 59.94i [17 Mb/s]
|Recording Limit||Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
External Microphone Input
|Audio File Format||AAC, Dolby Digital 2ch|
|Focus Type||Auto and Manual Focus|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Flexible (AFF), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Contrast Detection: 49|
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-4 to +18 EV|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||17.5 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 1.4x|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +4|
|Monitor Type||Articulating Touchscreen LCD|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Auto/Red-Eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced On/Red-Eye Reduction, Off, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction|
|Guide Number||20.34' / 6.2 m at ISO 100 (24 mm Position)|
|Maximum Sync Speed||1/160 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||TTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Memory Card Slot||1 x SD/SDHC/SDXC|
|Connectivity||3.5mm Microphone, 2.5mm Sub-Mini, HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0|
|Connectivity (New)||3.5mm Microphone, 2.5mm Sub-Mini, HDMI D (Micro), Micro-B (USB 2.0)|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 80%|
|Battery||1 x Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 1200 mAh|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4.9 x 3.4 x 3" / 124.9 x 86.2 x 77.4 mm|
|Weight||14.64 oz / 415 g (Body with Battery and Memory)|
|Focal Length||14 to 42mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 28 to 84mm)|
|Maximum Aperture||f/3.5 to 5.6|
|Angle of View||75° to 29°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||7.87" / 20 cm|
|Optical Design||9 Elements in 8 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||46 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.20 x 1.93" / 56 x 49 mm|
|Weight||3.88 oz / 110 g|
|Package Weight||2.43 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||7.5 x 7.15 x 5.55"|
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F/4-5.6 ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. Lens
|Focal Length||45 to 150mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 90 to 300mm)|
|Maximum Aperture||f/4 to 5.6|
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Format Compatibility||Micro Four Thirds|
|Angle of View||27° to 8.2°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||35.43" / 90 cm|
|Optical Design||12 Elements in 9 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||52 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.44 x 2.87" / 62 x 73 mm|
|Weight||7 oz / 200 g|
|Package Weight||0.715 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||4.9 x 4.1 x 4"|