The LEICA DG SUMMILUX 9mm F1.7 is for use by professionals and high amateur users for both photo shooting and video recording, capable of smooth, silent operation to work with the camera’s high-speed, high-precision contrast AF system with the sensor drive at max.240 fps. For the non-linear setting, focus is shifted with a variable amount according to the rotation speed of the focus ring while focus is shifted with a designated amount according to the rotational quantum of the focus ring for the linear setting. It also excels in video recording performance, with a mechanism that suppresses focus breathing, together with a micro-step aperture control for smooth exposure change.
Comprised of twelve lens elements in nine groups including two aspherical lenses, H-X09 has two ED (Extra-Low Dispersion)lenses and one UHR (Ultra High Refractive Index) lens to effectively suppress both axial chromatic aberration and chromatic aberration of magnification.
With its approximately 130g compact size and light weight, the LEICA DG SUMMILUX 9mm F1.7 featuresstunning mobility that Micro Four Thirds system boasts. The rugged dust/splash-resistant*2 design withstands use under harsh conditions even at 10 degrees below zero. The filter diameter is 55 mm, with a 7-blade circular aperture diaphragm.
- Lightweight and rugged wide-angle prime specifically designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless digital cameras, where it provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 18mm.
- Bright f/1.7 maximum aperture well-suited to working in difficult and low lighting conditions, also affords greater control over depth of field for selective focus techniques.
- Two aspherical elements are featured in the lens' design, which help to maintain a compact form factor as well as help to reduce spherical aberrations and distortions.
- Two extra-low dispersion (ED) elements and one ultra-high refractive index (UHR) element work to significantly minimize color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased color fidelity and edge-to-edge sharpness.
- The smooth and near-silent autofocus performance complements movie recording applications while the quick operation is beneficial to still photographers.
- Excellent video performance with a mechanical design that suppresses focus breathing. Also compatible with micro-step aperture control, which enables smooth exposure changes while recording video.
- Half-macro design benefits working with close-up subjects and provides a minimum focusing distance of just 3.7".
- A rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when making shallow depth of field imagery.
- Dust, splash, and freeze-resistant design protects the lens during heavy field use and harsh conditions.
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Lens Format Coverage||Micro Four Thirds|
|Angle of View||100°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||3.7" / 9.5 cm|
|Optical Design||12 Elements in 9 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||55 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.4 x 2" / 60.8 x 52 mm|
|Weight||4.6 oz / 130 g|