- 1.0" Type CMOS Sensor
- 4K 24P, UHD 60p/50p/30p/25p/24p
- FHD Slow Motion Recording at 120 FPS
- UHD/FHD Dual Codec Recording
- 16-Axis Color Correction Function
- 8.8 to 176mm 20x Optical Zoom with OIS
- 3 x Manual Lens Control Rings
- IR Night Shooting
- Dual Codec Recording in UHD/FHD
- Relay, Simultaneous, and Background REC
The Panasonic AG-UX180 4K Premium Professional Camcorder records DCI 4K (cinema 4K) at 24p, UHD 4K at up to 60p, and FHD up to 120p (when set to 59.94Hz standard). The camera is switchable between the 59.94 and 50Hz frame format, which is analogous to NTSC and PAL. This allows the camcorder to integrate seamlessly with a wide range of current broadcast video systems in place around the world. Featuring an integrated 20x optical zoom lens and a 1" type sensor, the camera records in DCI 4K, UHD, and HD in MOV, MP4. The camera is also capable of recording HD in the AVCHD format. The 16-axis color correction functionality enables precise color adjustment not normally available on a camcorder.
The AG-UX180 offers a bevy of other professional-level features, including dual XLRs with phantom power, SMPTE time-code generation, gamma settings for eight different scenarios, and manual control rings for iris, zoom, and focus. To monitor the status of all settings, and to perform critical focusing functions, the camcorder features both a high-quality 3.5" OLED touch screen and a full-color LCoS 0.45" viewfinder with 1,770,000 dots of resolution. It incorporates two SD slots that allow for simultaneous recording in UHD and HD (DCI 4K can only record to one SD card). You can also choose relay recording, which allows the recording to shift from one card slot to the other as the card fills up. Panasonic's background recording allows you to record continuously on one card, while starting and stopping the recording on the first card. Dual Codec recording is available allowing you to record UHD on one card and HD video on the second.
- Panasonic Optical Technology
- The integrated Leica Dicomar 20x zoom lens was designed specifically for professional HD video production and features a 24mm equivalent focal length on the wide end of the zoom when recording DCI 4K for a 24-480mm (35mm equivalent) zoom range. The lens combines four lens groups and incorporates Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and when shooting in HD it supports 5-Axis Hybrid image stabilization.
- Intelligent Zoom
- The i.Zoom function increases the zoom range in FHD to 30x while maintaining highresolution. When the zoom reaches the 20x optical zoom limit it switches seamlessly to i.Zoom.
- Digital Zoom
- The AG-UX180 is equipped with 2x, 5x and 10x digital zoom. Using the 20x optical zoom and i.Zoom together, the digital zoom will extend the range to 60, 150, and 300x without affecting exposure.
- Manual Control Rings
- Three manual rings, mechanical (cam-driven) zoom, focus, and iris, allow you to operate as if you've got an interchangeable-lens camcorder, able to adjust either focus, zoom, or iris directly without having to select a control surface.
- Intelligent Auto Focus
- Features high-speed focusing, high-precision focus tracking, and high-focusing stability.
- Customizable Auto Focus
- You can adjust the AF speed, sensitivity and area width to fine tune the AF functionality to your tastes or the needs of the shot. The speed can be set from 1 to 7, the higher the number the faster the AF. The sensitivity likewise can be adjusted in steps from 1 to 10, with the higher value corresponding to being able to track faster-moving subjects. The adjustable area width can be adjusted to fine tune the auto focus selection.
- Manual Focus
- To assist you in setting and confirming focus, the following features are included:
- Focus Assist (Expand and Peaking) - You can select from enlarging a part of the image to check the focus, or engaging focus peaking, which highlights the sharpest part of the image in a solid color. You can select to engage either or both functions simultaneously.
- One-Push AF - Temporarily activates AF when you are in manual focus mode, when you press the Push AF button.
- Manual Focus Assist - For quick and accurate focus, this mode fine tunes the focus adjustments you make using the focus ring.
- Focus Transition - Allows you to set up to three preset focus position. A single touch will shift the focus from one of the presets to the another. You can set how long each transition takes from 2 to 15, 20, 30, 45, 60, and 90 seconds. You can also set the transition to delay 0, 5, or 10 seconds from when you initiate it.
- Area Functions - Enables you to touch the LCD screen and have the camera adjust focus to make that area sharp (can also be used for Auto Iris and screen brightness).
- ND Filter
- The AG-UX180 features a four-position (OFF, 1/4 ND, 1/16 ND, 1/64 ND) optical neutral density filter wheel.
- 16-Axis Independent Color Correction Function
- This function provides an independent effect to each of the 16 phases of video images. It enables color matching of multiple cameras under the same lighting conditions as well as creative image rendering.
- Skin Detail Adjustment
- Skin Detail smooths out fine detail on the face of your subject.
- Eight-Mode Gamma
- Drawing upon the technology of the high-end VariCam line, the UX180 features 8 selectable gamma modes including two cine-like gammas:
- HD NORM - for standard HD recording
- SD NORM - for standard SD recording
- FILMLIKE 1 - Reproduces more gradation in highlight areas than when shooting in HD
- FILMLIKE 2 - Reproduces more gradation in highlight areas than when shooting in FILMLIKE 1
- FILMLIKE 3 - Reproduces more gradation in highlight areas than when shooting in FILMLIKE 2
- Cine-Like D - The Cine-Like mode shifted to prioritize dynamic range
- Cine-Like V - The Cine-Like mode shifted to prioritize contrast
- Still-Like - Setting to match images captured with still cameras
- Three-Position Gain Selection
- There is a 3-position gain selector, with L, M and H settings. To each setting you can assign a gain value of 0, +3, +6, +9, +12 and +18 dB. There is also a Super Gain of +24 dB and +30 dB, accessible via a user button only.
- Other Camera Image Settings
- Three values (A/B/Preset) of white balance are selectable with an auto-tracking white function. The preset can be set to 3200K, 5600K, and VARIABLE, which ranges between P2.4K and P9.9K. As with gamma, matrix setting includes a Cine-Like mode. H & V detail levels are adjustable, as are detail coring and skin-tone detail. That's not all: chroma level, chroma phase, color temperature, and master pedestal are all adjustable as well. The camera offers four settings for knee point: Auto, Low, Mid, and High.
- High-Quality, Multi-Format Professional AVCHD PH Mode
- The AG-UX180 uses the AVCHD recording format and also supports the high-image-quality PH mode. AVCHD complies withMPEG-4 AVC/H.264 High Profile motion-picture compression technology. Boasting a compression efficiency that ismore than twice that of the MPEG-2 system (such as HDV), this advanced video file format delivers superb image quality and low data rates. The PH mode was developed for AVCCAM by Panasonic exclusively for high-quality professional video production. This mode boasts a maximum AVCHD bit rate of 24 Mb/s (average: 21 Mb/s) and records 1920 x 1080 Full-HD images. The AVCHD PH mode is also compatible with multiple HD formats, such as 1080/59.94i, 1080/29.97p, 1080/23.98p and 720/59.94p.
- Linear PCM Recording for High-Quality Sound
- The AG-UX180 supports uncompressed 16-bit Linear PCM 2-channel digital audio recording with PH mode for high-quality sound. Other modes employ Dolby Digital 2-channel audio recording.
- 59.94 Hz / 50 Hz Switchable
- Select from 59.94 Hz or 50 Hz to support video production systems used around the world.
- Double-Slot SD Card System
- Not only can you record continuously on two SD/SDHC/SDXC cards (up to 64 GB), relay recording lets you seamlessly record images onto two memory cards consecutively for added data security, and simultaneous recording records the same images onto two different memory cards to increase reliability when recording. The slot to be used can be switched during normal recording, and clips can also be copied between the 2 slots. 1
- SMPTE Timecode Recording and Synchro
- The built-in SMPTE timecode generator lets you select the Drop Frame/Non-Drop Frame and Free Run/Rec Run modes and preset. User bits are also provided. Connecting two cameras with a TC preset in/out (video out) connector allows the slave camera to synchronize with the master camera.
- Other Recording Modes
- Pre-Rec continuously stores in standby mode up to 4 seconds of HD video, 3 seconds in UHD, and this pre-record cache is only recorded to the P2 card once you press Record. This helps you get the shot every time, even if you "miss" the crucial moment by a couple seconds. Interval Rec gives you automatic intermittent recording based on a set interval and recording time (1 sec, 10 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min) only in 1080/24p. Rec Check checks the beginning and end of the last recorded clip. If you don't like it, Last Clip Delete enables one-button delete of that last clip. Scenes can be marked with up to 100 Index flags per clip (AVCHD mode only). Time Stamp appends the date and time onto recorded images, which is a crucial feature for evidential images.
- Scene File / User File
- The camera features a scene dial that allows you to choose an appropriate matrix of settings instantaneously. You can modify the six preset files if you'd like, one set of which can be stored internally in the camcorder. Up to eight sets can be stored on an SD memory card.
- Simplified Waveform & Vectorscope
- The AJ-UX180 has waveform and vectorscope display functions for analyzing a captured video signal on the LCD.
- Three User Buttons
- A total of three user buttons can be set to trigger any selection of 16 different camera functions: INH, FACE DETECT, WFM, EVF DTL, D.ZOOM, DRS, S.GAIN, ATW, ATW LOCK, SHOT MARK, INDEX, LAST CLIP, BACKLIGHT, SPOTLIGHT, BLACKFADE, and last but not least, WHITEFADE.
- High-Quality Color Viewfinder and LCD
- The AG-UX180's color EVF uses a 0.45", approximately 1,770,000 dot-equivalent OLED display. It delivers bright, detailed, high-resolution images and a high response speed. The AG-UX180's LCD monitor has a 3.5", approximately 921,000-dot (1920 x 480) high-resolution panel. Various markers and grids can be displayed on the monitor/viewfinder, and with Mode Check, a list of the camera's settings can also be displayed on the viewfinder and monitor.
- SDI (24PsF) Output and Auto Rec
- Outputs images up to 4K 24p, UHD 60p and UHD 50p
- Outputs analog signals for video and audio monitoring.
- XLR Input for Pro-Quality Audio
- In addition to the internal high-performance stereo microphone, the AG- AC160 comes equipped with two-channel XLR audio input terminals with a 48V phantom power supply. The internal microphone, external microphone, or line input can be selected for each channel. Large, easy-to-use level dials are also provided.
- Select any two zebra levels from 50% to 105% (in 5% steps).
- USB 2.0
- The type mini-B USB port allows for connection to a PC in device mode.
- Remote Terminal
- Enables remote operation of iris, focus, Rec Start/Stop, and index functions.
- Color Bar
- Outputs a color bar signal and test tone.
- Tally Lamps
- Tally lamps are provided on the front and rear.
|Image Sensor||1-Chip 1" MOS Sensor|
|Effective Sensor Resolution||9.36 MP|
|Gain||0 to 24 dB (Native) |
-3 to 24 dB (Expanded)
|Minimum Illumination||0.2 lux at 1/2 Shutter Speed|
|White Balance Range||2000 to 15,000K|
|Focal Length||8.8 to 176mm|
|35mm Equivalent Focal Length||24 to 480mm|
|Optical Zoom Ratio||20x|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||3.3' / 1.0 m|
|Filter Size||67 mm|
|Shutter Speed||1/2 to 1/8000 sec|
|Built-In ND Filter||Mechanical Filter Wheel with 2 Stop (1/4), 3 Stop (1/8), 4 Stop (1/16) ND Filters|
|Recording Media||2 x SDXC UHS-I Card Slots|
|Screen Resolution||1,150,000 Dots|
|EVF Display Type||OLED|
|EVF Resolution||2,360,000 Dots|
|Power Connectors||1 x Barrel (11.4 to 12.6 VDC) Output|
|Power Consumption||19.7 W|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 80%|
|Dimensions||6.8 x 7.7 x 13.6" / 173 x 195 x 346 mm|
|Weight||4.4 lb / 2 kg|
|Package Weight||10.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||18.3 x 13.2 x 11.2"|