- 1" MOS Sensor
- 20x Optical, 32x Intelligent Zoom
- UHD 4K, 1080p, Variable Frame Rate
- 2 x Media Card Slot, HLG Recording
- 3.2" LCD Screen, OLED Viewfinder
- Individual Zoom, Focus, Iris Rings
- Front-Mounted Mic with Front Audio Level
- TC In/Out, 3G-SDI, HDMI Out
- USB 3.0, USB 2.0 Host, LAN Port
- Optional Wireless File Transmission
The Panasonic AG-CX350 4K Camcorder is designed for what Panasonic is calling the fusion of communication and broadcasting. A compact professional UHD 4K camcorder packed with features that you would expect to find in a full-sized camcorder. The AG-CX350 features a 1" MOS sensor recording in UHD resolution (3840 x 2160), in the MOV format using a variety of data rates including 400 Mb/s, as well as in HEVC at up to 200 Mb/s. The camcorder can also record HD in MOV, as well as HD/SD in AVCHD format for legacy productions. You can choose from eight different gamma settings including HLG, which provides an HDR output in the camera. It also features variable frame rate capability from 1 to 60 fps in UHD and 1 to 120 fps in HD. Recording is to dual SD card slots, which provides for simultaneous, relay, and background recording.
Integrated into the camera is a 20x optical zoom lens with 32x intelligent zoom. The lens features 5-axis image stabilization and three discrete lens control rings, one each for focus, iris, and zoom. The camera features an OLED EVF and a 3.2" LCD touchscreen monitor, and it has a built-in stereo microphone and two XLR audio connectors. Other connectors include both 3G-SDI and HDMI out (HDMI supports UHD), timecode in/out as well as USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and an Ethernet port for connecting to a network or wired streaming. An optional USB wireless adapter allows you to stream wirelessly.
You can select from 59.94 or 50 Hz as the signal system for the camera. This is useful as it allows you to shoot in different countries with minimal concerns over flickering lights.
The 1" MOS sensor features 15MP resolution, easily supporting UHD with its native resolution of 5170 x 2908.
- Eight user-selectable gamma modes—HD, SD, Filmlike 1, Filmlike 2, Filmlike 3, Film-Rec, Video-Rec, and HLG for HDR recording.
- You can choose to output HDR over the 3G-SDI or HDMI output either individually or simultaneously.
- Provides a 16-axis color control of your image with three skin-tone control so you can isolate and adjust your colors precisely and protect your skin tones.
The 20x optical zoom lens has a 35mm focal length equivalent to 24.5 to 490mm. 24.5 is an extremely wide angle for a UHD camcorder. It features 5-Axis Hybrid Image Stabilization in both 4K and HD, which can be useful when hand-holding the camcorder. The lens also features individual lens control rings for zoom, focus, and iris. This enables manual control of your lens (in addition to servo), similar to the control you get on full-sized shoulder-mounted cameras.
Additional features of the lens include:
- Intelligent autofocus with subject tracking.
- Custom AF function: The autofocus speed can be set in 7 steps, the sensitivity can be set in 10 steps, and the AF selection area can be adjusted.
- The lens is controllable from third-party wired devices and also from iOS and Android tablets.
The camera records at standard speeds—23.98, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94. It also records at variable frame rates in both UHD and HD; from 1 to 60 fps in UHD and 1 to 120 fps in HD.
The AG-CX350 features SD card slots, providing you with a wide choice of media to choose from, all sold separately.
If you already have P2 cards, the camcorder is compatible with them with a caveat. The CX350 can record onto a microP2 card as an SD card, but please be aware that:
- microP2 card A series 64GB card (AJ-P2M064A) when used as an SD card is recognized as Speed Class 10.
- microP2 card A series 32GB card (AJ-P2M32A) is recognized as Speed Class 4 for AVCHD only.
- microP2 card B series (AJ-P2M064B) is recognized as Speed Class V90 for all formats.
The dual SD media slots permit you to choose from the following recording schemes:
- Relay recording: As one card fills up, the recording automatically switches to the second card so you don't have to stop recording.
- Simultaneous recording: Both cards record the same material at the same time.
- Background recording: Starts both cards recording simultaneously, but the run/stop button will pause the recording on one card.
The camera features an Ethernet port that allows you to connect it directly to a LAN (bypassing the need for a computer) and transfer your files to an FTP server with a global IP address. You can also use this port for wired streaming.
The camera uses standard streaming protocols. Using an available AJ-WM30 USB dongle, you can connect the camera to a Wi-Fi network and transfer files to an FTP server. Available third-party dongles will allow 4G/LTE connectivity.
Enhanced Network Connectivity
The CX350 has preinstalled support of NDI, which provides:
- Automatic discovery and ease of use
- Built-in support for NDI via NDI|HX
- Ultra-low latency
- Camera control and tally
High-image quality FHD streaming without a PC or an encoder unit. During streaming, UHD/FHD video can be recorded to SD cards in the camera body.
Wireless Control from Smartphone/Tablet
The CX ROP app for iOS/Android allows the following:
- Camera recorder information display/control user's button
- Camera Rec start/stop
- Camera recorder output signal select (camera/color bars)
- White balance
- Master pedestal
- Paint (painting gain, painting black)
- Timecode/user's bit setting
- User SW 1~9
Simultaneous SDI and HDMI Out
The CX350 supports simultaneous output of HDMI and SDI, with HDMI up to UHD and SDI to FHD video, both at 4:2:2 10-bit
Supports two channels of audio recording from the built-in stereo microphone or two XLR audio inputs (48V phantom power, Mic, and Line are switchable). In MOV mode the camcorder supports 24-bit linear PCM audio. Other professional features include the OSD level meter and 1 kHz test tone output when the color bar is displayed in 59.94 Hz (when 50 Hz is selected test tone is 997 Hz).
The TC In/Out terminal (BNC) allows synchronization for multicamera shooting.
|Image Sensor||1-Chip 1" MOS Sensor|
|Sensor Resolution||5170 x 2908 (15.00 MP)|
|Minimum Illumination||0.02 lux at 1/1 Shutter Speed|
|Focal Length||8.8 to 176mm|
|35mm Equivalent Focal Length||24.5 to 490mm|
|Optical Zoom Ratio||20x|
|Maximum Aperture||f/2.8 to 4.5|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||Wide: 3.9" / 10.0 cm |
Telephoto: 3.3' / 1.0 m
|Filter Size||67 mm|
|Control Rings||Focus |
|Focus Control||Autofocus |
|Shutter Speed||1/2 to 1/10,000 sec|
|Shutter Angle||3 to 360°|
|Scan Rate Adjustable||Yes|
|Built-In ND Filter||Mechanical Filter Wheel with Clear, 2 Stop (1/4), 4 Stop (1/16), 6 Stop (1/64) ND Filters|
|Built-In Microphone Type||Stereo|
|Recording Media||2 x SDXC/SDHC Card Slot|
|Broadcast System Compatibility||NTSC, PAL|
|Recording Modes||MOV 4:2:2 10-Bit: |
3840 x 2160p23.98/25/29.97 fps (400 Mb/s)
3840 x 2160p23.98/25/29.97 fps (100 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080p50/59.94 fps (200 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080p23.98/25/29.97 fps (100 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080i50/59.94 fps (100 Mb/s)
H.265 4:2:0 10-Bit:
3840 x 2160p50/59.94 fps (200 Mb/s)
3840 x 2160p23.98/25/29.97 fps (150 Mb/s)
MOV 4:2:0 8-Bit:
3840 x 2160p50/59.94 fps (150 Mb/s)
3840 x 2160p23.98/25/29.97 fps (100 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080p23.98/25/29.97 fps (50 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080i50/59.94 fps (50 Mb/s)
AVCHD 4:2:0 8-Bit:
1920 x 1080p50/59.94 fps (25 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080p23.98 fps (21 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080i50/59.94 fps (21 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080i50/59.94 fps (17 Mb/s)
1280 x 720p50/59.94 fps (8 Mb/s)
720 x 576i50 fps (9 Mb/s)
720 x 480i59.94 fps (9 Mb/s)
|Variable Frame Rates||UHD: 1 to 60 fps |
1080p: 1 to 120 fps
|Audio Recording||MOV: 2-Channel 24-Bit LPCM Audio |
MOV: 2-Channel 16-Bit LPCM Audio
|Video Connectors||1 x BNC (3G-SDI) Output |
1 x HDMI Output
1 x 1/8" (3.5 mm) TRRS A/V (Composite) Output
|Audio Connectors||2 x 3-Pin XLR Input |
1 x 1/8" (3.5 mm) Stereo Headphone Output
|Other I/O||1 x BNC Timecode Input/Output |
1 x RJ45 LAN Control, Monitor, Video
1 x USB Type-A USB 2.0 Input/Output
1 x USB Type-C USB 3.1 Gen 1
1 x 2.5 mm Control Input
|Screen Resolution||1,370,000 Dots|
|EVF Display Type||OLED|
|EVF Resolution||1,770,000 Dots|
|Battery Type||Panasonic AG-VBR Series|
|Power Connectors||1 x Barrel (12 VDC)|
|Power Consumption||17 W|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 80%|
|Accessory Mount||2 x Cold Shoe Mount |
1 x 1/4"-20 Female
|Dimensions||7.09 x 6.81 x 12.24" / 180 x 173 x 311 mm (Without Protrusions)|
|Weight||4.2 lb / 1.9 kg|