The RED approved MUTINY Battery IO for RED KOMODO is an interchangeable battery mount system with a built-in port expander and power outputs for the RED KOMODO camera. The Battery IO has a lot of redundancy options built-in and features built-in that no other company offers (9 Pin EXT Passthrough, Anti-Battery Drain switch, Voltage meter, DC IN option, etc).
1x V-Mount user swappable battery plate included.
- Used with genuine Anton Bauer Titon Microplates with dual d-tap connectors. The V-Mount can have the lock on the left or right side of the camera or vertically with our optional VAP vertical adapter plate.
2x Regulated shielded 12V Lemo 2pin power outs (Pin1 Ground, pin 2 is +VDC).
- These are angled to allow right-angle cables that will not obstruct the screen on top. These are rated at 2A regular and 3A peak on each connector. If you need more than 2A sustained power then use the un-regulated D-tap ports or the Fischer 3 power.
2x Unregulated D-Tap outputs on the battery plate
- On V-mount the D-taps are on the top and bottom of the plate. On the Gold mount, they are on the left and right of the plate.
- NOTE: The V-Mount plate bottom D-Tap may be obstructed when using SDI cables unless you use the optional VAP plate which mounts v-mounts vertically instead, allowing access to both d-tap connections.
1x Built-in Red color record button on top of the unit (easy to reach record).
- You can still use other record/trigger options (Fischer 3 or 9P EXT passthrough).
1x CTRL 4 Pin port. This is for SmallHD camera control via RCP2 protocol.
- You can also do camera control via our 9P EXT passthrough option so it doesn't matter what version of the SmallHD KOMODO camera control cable you have.
1x Un-regulated Fischer 3 Pin R/S trigger/power port for camera triggering.
- Pin 2 has unregulated voltage allowing this port to also be used to power accessories.
1x 5 Pin Timecode I/O + Genlock Ambient Recording combo port.
- This port allows for genlock input and timecode input on the same port.
1x 9pin EXT passthrough port.
- This allows you to expand and to have redundant ports available for even more options. It also allows for additional triggers, SmallHD camera control on 9P EXT versus 4 Pin CTRL, Genlock, and timecode beyond what is already built-in.
1x Built-in live LED battery voltage meter with a dedicated low-profile on/off switch.
- This meter is also countersunk to help prevent light bleeding forward into the shot. This allows voltage readout regardless if you are using SMBUS batteries or not. Other mounts with readout in the camera only work with SMBUS batteries and can also be broken with firmware updates. Ours is not affected. Meter will be green or blue.
1x The Anti-drain battery switch on the bottom of the unit allows you to leave the battery on the camera for days without draining it.
- It is in a discrete location and is recessed to prevent accidental switching. If you keep your camera built for doc work this is a must for ready-to-shoot builds in your case without the need for removing the battery or unplugging cables. This switch also kills all power to accessory ports (2 pins and Fischer 3 pin).