The 17" LMD-B Series LCD Monitor from Sony is a lightweight and slim Full HD monitor. The LMD-B Series offers the same user-interface design and operability as PVM-A Series OLED and LMD-A Series Premium LCD picture monitors. This consistency between the PVM-A, LMDA, and LMD-B Series makes it easy for users to work with all three monitors and integrate them in the same work environment.
The LMD-B170 monitor can be used for a wide range of professional applications, including DC operation and wall-mounting. In addition, the LMD-B170 includes a natural ventilation system meaning no audio disruption from an internal cooling fan, making the monitor suitable for video shooting and critical audio operations.
- 17" Screen and Full HD Resolution
- 17" screen is suitable for a wide variety of applications like desk-top use, wall-mounting, arm-mounting, or outfield shooting. The Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution is approximately 200% higher resolution than Wide-XG A (1366 x 768 or 1280 x 768), giving you sharp focus for pixel-by-pixel checking of a Full HD video with no scaling.
- Lightweight and Slim Body
- LMD-B170 has a robust and stylish sharp-edges chassis. Lighter weight and lower power consumption saves you space and weight in digital galleries. This makes the monitor suitable for stand-alone applications such as basic non-linear editing, audio control room, simple video monitoring or video shooting. It also makes the monitor easy to carry.
- All-in-One Design with Front Stereo Speakers and Natural Ventilation System
- The LMD-B170 has the mandatory interfaces such as SDI, HDMI, and composite video with stereo analog audio. You can monitor the embedded audio signals of an SDI signal on the audio level meters of the screen. 2W+2W front stereo speakers are more powerful than a monaural speaker or a rear speaker system. They provide you with good stereophonic effect. It can be powered by AC as well as DC power. The supplied stand has a tilt function and a 100 x 100mm wall mounting function means you can install it more flexibly.
- Various Functions
- LMD-B170 offers various functions including Markers, WFM/Vector, audio level meters, timecode display, camera focus function, side-by-side, Flip H/V, and on-screen tally. The user reset function makes it easy to return the monitor to the default setting very quickly. This is very useful if a user is not familiar with the monitor settings. LMD-B170 can be also operated in one of 7 languages (Chinese, English, French, Germany, Italian, Japanese and Spanish).
- Optimized Low-Latency I/P Conversion
- The I/P conversion system delivers automatically optimized signal processing according to input signals with low-latency (less than 0.5 field). This system helps users to edit and monitor for a live production.
- Video Input Versatility
- The LMD-B170 monitor is equipped with built-in standard input interfaces like two HD/SD-SDI, one HDMI (HDCP) input, and one composite input.
- Computer Input Versatility
- Multiple computer signals can be received via an HDMI/DVI interface; the resolution range is from 640 x 480 to 1680 x 1050 pixels.
- Waveform Monitor, Vector Scope, and Audio Level Meter Display
- An input signal's waveform and vector scope with an SDI-embedded 2-channel audio level meter can be displayed on screen. The waveform of a specified line can also be displayed. In conjunction with the picture-&-picture function, the waveform monitor and vector scope display can monitor two camera signals. In addition, an audio level meter can display the embedded audio signal from the SDI or HDMI input. It can display on screen the channel 1 to 8 or channel 9 to 16.
- User-Friendly Operability and User Interface
- The monitor has an intuitive and appropriate user interface for a video production. You can easily choose an input and a function by a single click. Rotary encoder knob allows easy selection of an item and entering it. The lighted control panel has a good readability in dark. This user interface, including OSD menu layout, is carefully designed for a time critical operation as either a single unit or multiple units in one system.
- User Reset, Key Inhibit, User Short-Cut to Function Key Configuration
- When multiple users share the same monitor, you need to reset it in a quick operation. User reset function quickly returns the unit to the default settings. Key inhibit protects the required settings of it from any inadvertent operations. For improving speed of the function key configuration, the user can take a short-cut to the settings menu screen by simply holding down one of the Function keys.
- Camera Focus Function
- The LMD-B170 monitor can control the aperture level of a video signal, and display images on the screen with sharpened edges to help camera focus operation. Further to this, the sharpened edges can be displayed in user-selectable colors (white, red, green, blue, and yellow) for more precise focusing.
- Time Code Function
- LTC and VITC time code can be displayed at the top or bottom of the picture.
- Side-by-side Function
- The side-by-side function of the LMD-B170 allows simultaneous display of two input signals on the monitor's screen. This function helps with color adjustment and setting of camera frames. This function works when synchronous SDI signals are input.
- On-Screen Tally
- The monitor is also equipped with a three-colors red, green and yellow on-screen tally function. The position of the tally display can be changed to either the upper or lower section of the screen.
- Flip Functions
- The Flip function turns the reversed image to a normal view, horizontally, or vertically.
- DC Low Power Indicator
- DC power supply is available in the range of 12 to 17V. The power indicator blinks when the DC power supply is low.
- Wall-Mount Capability
- The monitor features wall-mount 100mm pitch holes on each monitor's rear panel. A built-in AC circuit allows you to install the monitor more easily and flexibly than a monitor with an AC adapter.
|Package Weight||16.4 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||20.0 x 18.5 x 14.0"|