The V-LCD171MD 17.3" Full HD Rackmount Monitor with 3G-SDI Input includes the V-LCD171MD 17.3" Full HD Rackmount Monitor and a pre-installed MD-3GE 3G-SDI Input Module. The 17.3" rackmount monitor features various built-in functions such as waveform and audio bar overlays, three-color tally lights, and tilting mount design for easy viewing. It also features speakers and programmable function buttons. This 17.3" rackmount monitor outputs 400 cd/m² output and supports Full HD resolution. The contrast ratio of 600:1 showcases this monitor's ability to handle images in varied light conditions. It is suitable for use in news vans, satellite trucks, and central equipment rooms.
The Marshall Electronics 3G-SDI Input Module with Loop-Out attaches to the back of included monitor to equip it with a 3G/HD/SD-SDI input. Linked to the input is a 3G/HD/SD-SDI loop-out that can be used to output the camera signal to an SDI monitor up to 300' away.
- The 17.3" Rackmount Monitor from Marshall Electronics features various built-in functions such as waveform and audio bar overlays, three-color tally lights, and tilting mount design for easy viewing. It also features loud speakers and programmable function buttons. This 17.3" Rackmount Monitor outputs 400 cd/m² output and supports Full HD resolution. The contrast ratio of 600:1 showcases this monitor's ability to handle images in varied light conditions. It is suitable for use in news vans, satellite trucks, and central equipment rooms.
- DSLR Ratio Adjustment
- Marshall's DSLR Ratio Adjustment feature allows you to scale video that does not completely fill the monitor's screen, thereby eliminating black pillar bars. This feature can be accessed when the monitor is connected via HDMI in record mode on certain Canon DSLRs. You have the option of choosing between Normal, 3:2, 16:9, and Full Screen modes. The DSLR Ratio Adjustment feature can be programmed to one of the front panel's four-button presets for quick and easy access.
- Waveform Display and Studio Audio Bar
- The V-LCD71MD incorporates both, a Waveform display and Stereo Audio bars. These may be displayed separately or together in any one of the four corners of the monitor. The Stereo Audio is de-embedded from either the HDMI input (8-channel) or from the optional 3G-SDI input (16-channel). Any pair of the available channels can be selected for both the display and the headphone output.
- Clip Guide
- The Zebra function (Clip Guide) is used to visually filter data on the screen that is under a lower threshold or over an upper threshold. Data on either side of the filters can be displayed with a custom color. The Zebra function can also be inverted to filter the area between the Upper and Lower Threshold. The color selected for the lower threshold acts as the color for all inverted Zebra data.
- False Color Filter
- The False Color filter is used to aid in the setting of camera exposure. As the camera Iris is adjusted, elements of the image will change color based on the luminance or brightness values. This enables proper exposure to be achieved without the use of costly, complicated external test equipment.
- Peaking Filter
- The Peaking Filter is used to aid the camera operator in obtaining the sharpest possible picture. When activated, the internal processor will display a colored highlight on the screen where sharp edges appear. When the camera operator adjusts (or "racks") the focus control (on the camera lens), different parts of the image will have these colored highlights. This indicates that this portion of the image is sharp or in focus. Final focus is achieved by racking the camera lens focus control back and forth until the desired portion of the image has the colored highlights. The original version of the peaking filter removed the color from the image leaving a black and white picture with Red highlights. This version of Peak Filter not only keeps the original color but adds a choice of four colors, red, green, yellow, and pink to choose from for the highlights as well as adjustable sensitivity for even finer control of focus.
- Custom Pixel-to-Pixel Panning
- To select a Custom Pixel-to-Pixel zone, you need to enter the Adjust function. The outer square represents the entire image and the inner grey box represents your current pixel-to-pixel selection. You can use the color knob to move your selection left and right or you can enable the input crop function to select the area of active video that you would like shown on the image display. To lock in your selection, you need to press the select button or the ROTOMENU knob.
- User-Definable Function Buttons
- Four user-definable function buttons on the front-panel allow quick access to numerous settings and features including focus-assist, false color filter, aspect ratio, screen markers, monochrome mode, color temperature, delay mode, and more.
- Adjustable Screen Markers
- A variety of screen markers in 4:3, 16:9, and full screen modes allow accurate monitoring of the different aspect ratios used in broadcast environments. User Markers allow for custom aspect ratio, cropping framing, and variable width lines.
- Stereo Headphone Output
- Eight channels of audio from the HDMI input or 16 channels of audio from the HD-SDI input (SDI card available separately) are available for monitoring. The headphones can monitor any pair from the available channels.
- Six Custom Configuration Presets
- Six User Setting Presets allow the user to save six system configuration files for later recall when needed. These configuration files will save 38 different parameters that can be adjusted by the user.
- Other Features
- Loss of input curtain
Auto CSC for HDMI input
Can be re-clocked
Input status display for audio
The Marshall Electronics 3G-SDI Input Module with Loop-Out attaches to the back of Marshall's 5.6" V-LCD56MD, 7" V-LCD70MD, and 9" V-LCD90MD monitors to equip them with a 3G/HD/SD-SDI input. Linked to the input is a 3G/HD/SD-SDI loop-out that can be used to output the camera signal to an SDI monitor up to 300 ft away.
- 17.3" Full HD Rackmount Monitor
Connectors Input 1 x HDMI Output 1 x HDMI
1 x Embedded audio SDI
1 x Headphone out
General OSD Audio OSD for displaying audio bars and channels Controls Via the front panel Function Buttons User-defined function buttons Power Voltage 12 VDC Consumption 2 A @ 12 VDC (16 W) Connector 4-pin XLR Environmental Compliance CE approved Operating Temperature 50 to 104°F (10 to 40°C) Storage Temperature 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C) Mechanical Dimensions 17.30 x 10.46 x 1.33" (43.94 x 26.57 x 3.38 cm) Weight 7.65 lb (3.50 kg) Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 26.0 x 13.5 x 7.5"