SmallHD Sidefinder 502 Production Kit
- Small HD
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 7.00 LBS
- 502 5" Full-HD Monitor
- Sidefinder Loupe
- Power and Mounting Accessories
- Video Cables Included
For video monitoring on-camera or EVF-style, this Sidefinder 502 Production Kit from SmallHDis built around the 5" full-HD 502 monitor and included sidefinder loupe. Also included in this kit to complement the monitor and loupe are a Wireless Remote, Hard Case, LP-E6 Battery and Charger Kit, Universal Mounting Kit with 15mm Rod and Hot Shoe Adapter Mount, Hot Shoe Ball Mount, 5" Neoprene Sleeve, Anti-Glare Matte Finish Screen Protector, Microfiber Cleaning Cloth, 8GB SD Card, and HDMI as well as SDI cables. See below for more information on the individual items in this kit.
- SmallHD's 502 HDMI & SDI On-Camera Monitor with 3D LUT Support brings full HD resolution to a durable lightweight on-camera monitor the size of a smartphone. The screen packs 441 pixels per inch, providing a sharp clear image on such a small screen. It features SDI & HDMI inputs and outputs with cross conversion. With a rubberized aluminum frame, the unit is 3/4" thick and weighs about 9 ounces, so it is light enough to mount to your camera without weighing you down, yet extremely rugged.
- Small HD has developed a menu system designed to be easy to navigate with the built-in joystick. Within the system is the Pages system, which allows you to create and store up to 8 preset configurations. You can easily see the effect of your configurations on the image, swiping between the configurations using the joystick. The 502 supports 3D LUTs, and you can save those as a configuration page as well. It is worth pointing out that you can apply a configuration page setting to either the monitor's screen, the output, or both at the same time. You can also assign a different configuration set up to the monitor's screen and the output. You can mount the SmallHD Sidefinder to the 502 to use it as an EVF, SmallHD Sidefinder not included.
- Firmware 2.2 Features
- HD Waveform, Vectorscope, and Histogram
Still Image Capture
- The SmallHD 502 on-camera monitor features a Full HD, 1920x1080, LCD display, with a pixel density of 441 PPI. The 502's LCD display is able to produce 85% NTSC Color Gamut (greater than the REC. 709 color standard), rivaling the color capabilities of OLED technology.
- The monitor supports HDMI and SDI inputs and outputs, and cross converts between them.
- You can apply a 3D LUT to the monitor and still view your video in real-time.
- The configuration system, Pages, allows you to create and store up to 8 presets. Presets can include focus aids, exposure aids, camera metadata, 3D LUTs. Once created, you can navigate between the presets merely by swiping the built-in joystick. You can see up to three presets displayed on the screen at the same time as you swipe between the presets, which is different than having to engage a menu system and trying to remember what the name of the preset means. You can see the effect of your configuration on the video.
- The SmallHD Sidefinder Accessory for 500 Series Monitors is an optical loupe that attaches to a SmallHD 501 or 502 on-camera monitor to create a flexible, hi-resolution EVF for virtually any camera. The optical loupe mounts on the 501 / 502, which causes the 501 / 502 to resize the image from 1920 x 1080 to 1366 x 768. This keeps the loupe a reasonable size, while still presenting you with a clear image with sufficient pixel density that individual pixels are not visible when used as an EVF. The loupe incorporates diopter adjustment from -2 to +4, which is a generous adjustment range for those of us that do not have 20/20 vision.
- The loupe features a detachable bracket that features multiple 1/4"-20 mounting holes, and is designed to allow you to attach optional mounting systems such as an EVF mount, 15mm rod clamp, ARRI-type rosette, or a 1/4"-20- mounting arm.
- The optical EVF loupe mounts onto the SmallHD 502 or 501, and features a high-grade friction hinge that allows you to turn the Sidefinder into a 5" on-camera monitor without needing to remove the optical loupe, but by just flipping the loupe out of the way.
- The loupe incorporates a diopter adjustment from -2 to +4, which accommodates most camera operators that do not have 20/20 vision.
- You can adjust the Sidefinder's field of view for approximately 40° (the default setting) to approximately 20°.
- Protect your 500 or 700-series monitor with this Medium Hard Case from SmallHD. The inside of the case is comprised of pick-and-pluck foam which can be easily customized to the shape of your monitor and essential accessories you may want to carry alongside your monitor. A rubber gasket seal keeps the case air and water-tight, while an automatic pressure purge system ensures the case is easy to open in pressure-differential situations. Molded-in padlock holes near the latches let you guard your monitor from theft. Once everything is packed up and the case is secured with the locking latches, the molded carry handle provides a comfortable way to transport your equipment.
- High-impact molded case with neoprene O-ring seal
- Fully customizable, pick-apart foam insert
- Airtight and watertight
- Automatic pressure purge system
- Molded-in padlock holes
- The LP-E6 Battery and Charger Kit from SmallHD includes two LP-E6 1300mAh Li-ion batteries, a charger, and a 12V auto power adapter. The batteries are compatible with the following monitors and monitor kits: MON-501, MON-501-KIT1, MON-502, and MON-502-KIT1.
- Note: Use only with SmallHD equipment
- Smart-chip technology
- Mount your SmallHD Sidefinder to nearly any camera that has a standard shoe-mount or 15mm EVF mount with the Universal Mounting Kit. A standard 15mm rod holds the kit together. The rod can either be mounted using the included shoe-mount adapter, or if the camera has a top-mounted 15mm rod clamp, it can be directly attached. After attaching the rod to your camera, it's only matter of attaching the sidefinder to the included rod clamp and then to the rod before you're ready to shoot.
- General Features
- Quick release for Sidefinder
- Uses 15mm rod standard
- Slide left/right for ideal neck position
- Adjust Sidefinder tilt angle on-the-fly
- Rod caps prevent accidental drops during quick adjustments
- UPC: 857497005762
- Add a monitor or other accessory on top of your camera with this Hot Shoe Ball Mount from SmallHD. The bottom slides into your camera's accessory shoe, and the top features a ball head with a 1/4"-20 threaded screw for attaching the monitor and quickly adjusting the position. The mount has a load capacity of 3.0 lb.
- This black Neoprene Sleeve for DP4 Monitor from SmallHD is a custom-fit, padded neoprene sleeve that protects your field monitor from scratches and incidental impact during travel. It is a quick convenient cover for transport of your monitor in a gear bag.
- DP4 Field Monitor
- Though not designed to protect your monitor from hard impacts, the ACC-SLEEVE-5 can help protect it from dings, scratches, and minor impacts while in transport from shoot to shoot
- Use this SmallHD Anti-Glare Screen Protector to protect your 500-series monitor's LCD panel while experiencing reduced reflectivity when compared to the standard acrylic screen protector. This protector installs directly on the screen and does not provide impact protection like the acrylic screen protector.
- The 3' HDMI Cable from SmallHD allows you to transmit high-quality digital audio and video on a single cable. This cable features a male HDMI connector on each end, and is compatible with a wide variety of devices such as SmallHD monitors.
- Made from a non-abrasive material, this Microfiber Cleaning Cloth from SmallHD is a safe option for cleaning glass surfaces and coatings on a monitor or camera. It measures approximately 7 x 7" and is easily stored in a bag or pocket when not in use.
Connect your portable devices to HDMI displays with the 24" Thin-Gauge Micro-HDMI Male Cable from smallHD. This RoHS-compliant cable allows you to transfer movies, photos, and videos from devices like smartphones, digital cameras, and video cameras with micro-HDMI connectors to view on your standard HDMI (type-A) television, projector, or computer monitor.
- 502 HDMI & SDI On-Camera Monitor with 3D LUT Support
Material of Construction Rubberized machined aluminum LCD Size 5" Diagonal Resolution 1920 x 1080 Pixel Density 441 PPI Brightness 400 cd/m2 Backlight LED Contrast Ratio 1500:1 Color Gamut 85% NTSC (100% Rec 709) Color Depth 8-bit Viewing Angle 179° Input and Output Connectors Input
Mounting 3x 1/4"-20 Weight 9.0 oz / 255 g Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 6.9 x 4.6 x 2.0"
- LP-E6 Battery and Charger Kit
Compatibility Monitor Models & Kits: MON-501, MON-501-KIT1, MON-502, and MON-502-KIT1 Charger Input Voltage: 120 - 240 VAC Battery Voltage 7.2 VDC Battery Chemistry Lithium-ion Battery Capacity 1300 mAh Dimensions 4.8 x 4.2 x 2.0" (12.19 x 10.67 x 5.08 cm) Weight Battery, Charger, and Adapters: 10 oz (283.5 g) Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 5.0 x 4.0 x 2.0"