Matthews Studio Equipment, Inc. introduces the big brother to the innovative Gobo Plate, the Gobo Plate XL. The Gobo Plate XL is designed to interface with the standard 4.5” Grip Head and offers an array of unique mounting options and safety features for heavy-duty rigging. A go-to heavy duty problem solver, Gobo Plate XL’s 9-gauge thick steel construction makes it one of the strongest tools in the workbox, ready to stand up to the daily abuse of the rigging world. Whether supporting pipe, camera rigs, set-walls, or standard grip gear, the Gobo Plate XL is tailored to the demands of our industry.
- Two T-slots with V centering quickly secure grip head mounting
- Four each ½” diameter holes for pear-snap placement prevent 4.5" grip head removal when loose, allowing plate to be safely captured when rigged
- 12 each 3/8” bolt holes and 20 each screw or nail holes secure the plate to set walls and lumber
- One 5/8” hole in the center of the plate to receive baby pins, 5/8” rods and mount half grid clamps
- Six evenly spaced markers on the edges allow for placement at a 45-degree angle without needing to measure it out