- On-Camera NEO 2 LED Light
- Continuous and Flash Modes
- Aluminum Barndoors
- Shape Light Output
The Rotolight NEO 2 LED Light Kit with Barndoors is a controllable light setup that can be mounted atop a DSLR, mirrorless camera, or camcorder. Use the barndoors to shape the light output from the Rotolight NEO 2 either in continuous or flash modes.
Able to function as either a continuous light or a flash, the round NEO 2 LED Light from Rotolightbreaks new ground with functions designed to satisfy the demands of both video shooters and still photographers. The most significant feature in this fixture is the inclusion of a built-in, 2.4 GHz Elinchrom Skyport Receiver, enabling support for high-speed sync and remote triggering of the unit from up to 656' away when using an optional Skyport Transmitter. Also, it features Accu-Colour Technology to ensure optimal color rendering, proven by the rated CRI of 96 and TLCI of 91. Output has been significantly improved as well, with an increase of 85% over its predecessor, and a flash mode that can boost output by 500% for stills and will help freeze action. At max power, this results in an output of 2000 lux at 3' for continuous lighting, and a setting of f/8 at ISO 200 for flash.
Beyond pure output improvements, the fixture offers a variety of functions to help users get the most out of the light. Primarily it does this through a variable color temperature of 3150–6300K, meaning it can be quickly and easily balanced to the ambient light whether it is tungsten or natural daylight. Other features include True Aperture Dimming to help more easily calculate your exposure information, and a CineSFX mode to automatically program certain looks for use in a scene, including the mimicking of police or fire light effects.
Designed to be portable with its compact size, the fixture has multiple power options. This includes running on six AA batteries, the bundled AC adapter, or D-Tap power with an optional adapter. This means it can easily get set up exactly as needed for a particular set. Users can mount it in a variety of methods thanks to the three 1/4"-20 threaded mounts around the edge of the fixture. These work with many standard support systems, including a shoe mount adapter for working as an on-camera light. Additionally, it comes with a filter pack, filter holder, and a belt pouch to hold everything.
- Both continuous and flash modes are available so users can quickly switch between video and stills shooting without needing to change out the lights.
- The built-in 2.4 GHz Elinchrom Skyport Receiver makes it possible to use the NEO 2 as a remote flash with high-speed sync support up to 1/8000 second. This requires the use of an optional Elinchrom Skyport Transmitter, and allows for remote control over the NEO 2 from up to 656' away. Users can also sync using a wired PC sync or 3.5mm connection.
- Accu-Colour Technology ensures high-quality color rendering with a rated CRI of 96, with an R15 of 99 and a rated TLCI of 91. It also helps ensure maximum accuracy throughout the adjustable color temperature range of 3150–6300K. The LEDs used are also flicker-free and have a lifespan of about 100,000 hours.
- Overall output is rated at about 85% greater than its predecessor.
- The flash mode provides about 500% more light output when connected to a mains power source, or 250% when running on AA batteries.
- Local dimming and controls are made possible through a rear display and two dials/buttons on the rear of the fixture.
- True Aperture Dimming uses shutter speed and ISO information, as well as distance data, to calculate the proper aperture for your shot. It improves speed and use, and helps shooters quickly get the appropriate power settings for their subject.
- Designer Fade mode allows users to program fade-up and fade-down effects, including the ability to set the duration.
- Cinematographic Special FX, or CineSFX, features a variety of different settings and mode to create ambiance in your scene. This includes options for strobe, lightning, throb, color cycle, fire, police, television, and more.
- No recycle time or power loss is evident when using the NEO 2, making it a suitable option for high frame rates.
- For power, users have the options of six AA NiMH or Li-ion batteries, or AC power from the included adapter. When running on batteries, the NEO 2 can run for 85,000 full-power flashes, or 1.5 hours of continuous lighting.
- The NEO 2 can be mounted easily using the three 1/4"-20 tripod threads located around the edge of the light. A shoe mount adapter is included as well for using the NEO 2 as an on-camera light.
- A filter kit is included which features a 216 Full Diffuser, 250 Medium Diffuser, 184 Cosmetic Peach, and a 279 1/8 Magenta for creating unique or more flattering light for your subject.
Continuous Light (4110K)
At 3': 2000 lux / 194 fc
- At 9': 227 lux / 21 fc
HSS Flash Mode (4110K)
At 3': f/8 at ISO 200
- At 9': f/2.8 at ISO 200
The Rotolight Aluminum Barndoors for NEO are used to shape and control the light output from your Rotolight NEO and help limit spill. This allow you to direct the light to areas of your subject that you would like illuminated as well as keep light off areas that you don't want illuminated. The barndoors feature a 4-leaf design and folds flat against the NEO for easy storage. Thumbscrew mounting knobs for attaching the barndoors are included.
- 4-leaf design
- Lightweight aluminum construction
- Matte black finish
- Folds flat against fixture for easy storage
- Mounting knobs included
|Color Temperature||3150 to 6300K|
|Color Accuracy Standard||CRI 96 |
|Dimming||Yes, 0 to 100%|
|Refresh Rate||8000 Hz|
|Battery Plate||6 x AA|
|Power Input Connector||Barrel|
|Power Source||AC Adapter, External Battery|
|Remote Port||3.5 mm, PC|
|Wireless Frequency Bands||2.4 GHz|
|Wireless Range||656' / 200 m|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||10.95 x 8.45 x 4.3"|