- Aperture Range: f/2.8-22
- Designed for APS-C-Sized Sensors
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 18mm
- Floating Element Design
- Two Aspherical Lens Elements
- Distagon Optical Design
- Carl Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Rigid Metal Construction
- Rubberized Control Rings
- Supports All Sony E Camera Functions
The Zeiss Touit 12mm f/2.8 Lens (Sony E-Mount) is a wide-angle prime lens designed specifically for use on APS-C-sized image sensors, and as such provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 18mm. This lens is compatible with Sony E mirrorless cameras and supports all camera functions, including autofocus and exposure control.
The Distagon design of this lens integrates a floating element design that includes two aspherical elements and three partial-dispersion elements to reduce aberrations and distortion to produce high image clarity, sharpness, and even brightness. Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have also been applied to all lens surfaces to improve light transmission and image contrast by minimizing surface reflections, lens flare, and ghosting.
The construction of the lens features a metal lens barrel with rubberized control rings for high precision when manually focusing. A rigid metal bayonet mount ensures accurate alignment and a nearly circular nine-blade aperture works to produce an aesthetic out-of-focus highlight quality.
- Supports Phase-Detection and Fast Hybrid AF
- This lens has been updated with Version 02 firmware and supports the use of phase-detection AF and Fast Hybrid autofocus systems on Sony E-mount cameras.
- Sony E Compatibility
- Designed for use on Sony E-mount APS-C mirrorless cameras and provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 18mm. The lens offers complete compatibility with all camera functions, including accurate autofocus and exposure control. It features a wide f/2.8 maximum aperture that aids in low-light shooting as well as greater control over the focus plane for shallow depth of field and selective focus applications.
- Optical Design
- This lens features the Distagon optical design with a floating element construction and includes two aspherical elements and three partial dispersion elements to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion while offering increased sharpness and even illumination. Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- Physical Design
- The lens features a rigid, durable metal barrel with rubberized control rings to provide improved handling abilities. The metal bayonet mount ensures a solid connection between the camera and lens, and a nine-blade, nearly circular aperture is used to smoothly render out-of-focus highlights.
Zeiss 2030-526 Specs
|Approx. 2.56 x 3.19" (65 x 81 mm)
|9.17 oz (260 g)
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
|9.0 x 5.3 x 4.7"