Zeiss Otus 28mm f/1.4 ZF.2 Lens for Nikon F
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 3.00 LBS
F Mount Lens/FX Format
Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
Apochromatic, Distagon Optical Design
8 Anomalous Partial Dispersion Elements
2 Aspherical Elements
Floating Elements System
Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
Internal Focus; Manual Focus Design
All-Metal Barrel, Yellow Scale Markings_
Bright-eyed and wide-angled, the Nikon F mount_Zeiss Otus 28mm f/1.4_is an optically-refined prime poised to deliver a high degree of resolution and clarity in nearly any shooting condition. Featuring an apochromatic design, and utilizing the Distagon concept to reduce distortion, this lens uses a series of eight anomalous partial dispersion glass elements and two aspherical elements to virtually eliminate chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the aperture range. A floating elements system is also used for consistent performance throughout the focusing range and a Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating suppresses lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity. Equaling the optical prowess of a Strigidae-inspired lens, the Otus 28mm f/1.4 is also characterized by a robust physical design for intuitive, exacting handling.
The wide-angle focal length pairs with the bright f/1.4 maximum aperture to suit working in broad variety of lighting conditions and is well-suited to a range of applications, including landscape, architecture, and interior photography. Accentuating the range of control, this manual focus lens is complemented by haptic design elements, including a 120_ rotational focus throw, rubberized focus ring, and an all-metal lens barrel with high-visibility yellow scale markings.
- Prime wide-angle 28mm f/1.4 lens is designed for FX format Nikon F mount DSLRs, and can also be used with DX models where it will provide a 42mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited to photographing in difficult lighting conditions and also affords greater control over focus placement when using selective focus techniques.
- Two aspherical elements help to suppress spherical aberrations for greater clarity and consistent illumination and sharpness from edge to edge, regardless of the aperture setting in use.
- An apochromatic design makes use of eight anomalous partial dispersion glass elements to nearly eliminate chromatic aberrations in order to reduce color fringing and color artifacts in front of and behind the plane of focus.
- Employing a Distagon optical concept, this lens delivers virtually distortion-free performance that pairs well with the broad angle of view.
- A floating element design places variable air gaps between select lens groups to realize consistent performance throughout the focusing range, from 11.8' to infinity.
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- Manual focus design is accentuated by a rubberized focusing ring, 120_ focus ring rotational angle, an inset dial window, and bright, high-visibility yellow depth of field and distance scale markings.
- An internal focusing mechanism maintains the overall lens length and, benefitting the use of circular polarizers and graduated neutral density filters, the front filter thread does not rotate during use.
- The sophisticated optical system is housed within an all-metal lens barrel, which is built with the narrowest of design tolerances for refined precision and durability.
- This ZF.2-series lens supports Nikon DSLRs' electronic interface for camera-based control over exposure settings and in-camera focus confirmation.