Zeiss Milvus 35mm f/1.4 ZE Lens for Canon EF
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 4.20 LBS
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- One Aspherical Element
- Five Low Dispersion Elements
- ZEISS T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Manual Focus Design
- Anodized Metal Barrel, Rubber Focus Ring
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Characterized by its fast maximum aperture and advanced optical design, the Canon EF-mount Milvus 35mm f/1.4 ZE from ZEISS is a versatile wide-angle prime well-suited to an array of subjects, ranging from portraiture to landscape shooting. Its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture greatly benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers enhanced control over depth of field for using selective focus techniques. Complementing the focusing control is a sophisticated Distagon-type optical design, which employs one rear aspherical element and five anomalous partial dispersion elements to control both spherical and chromatic aberrations for improved sharpness and clarity. An enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to significantly reduce ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast and color fidelity.
Its manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. Additionally, Milvus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable frosted, anodized metal lens barrel surface along with a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust and moisture.
- This 35mm f/1.4 lens is designed for full-frame format Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 56mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also offers extensive control over depth of field.
- Five anomalous partial dispersion elements are featured in the optical design, and help to virtually eliminate color fringing and chromatic aberrations for greater image clarity and color accuracy.
- Distagon optical concept uses one rear aspherical element to control spherical aberrations and distortion in order to provide a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating controls ghosting and flare for high contrast, color-neutral imagery.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by laser-engraved focusing and depth of field scales, along with an IR position dot and hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Weather-resistant construction includes internal seals to guard against dust and moisture as well as a blue sealing ring at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.
|Aperture||Maximum: f/1.4 |
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||64.2°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.81" / 30 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:4.6|
|Optical Design||14 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 72 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||3.34 x 4.91" / 84.8 x 124.8 mm|
|Weight||2.58 lb / 1.17 kg|
|Package Weight||4.2 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||11.5 x 6.7 x 5.5"|