Zeiss Milvus 25mm f/1.4 ZE Lens for Canon EF
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 2.70 LBS
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Seven Low Dispersion Elements
- Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Manual Focus Design
- Anodized Metal Barrel, Rubber Focus Ring
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
An impressive wide-angle lens featuring an equally impressive bright maximum aperture, the Canon EF-mount Milvus 25mm f/1.4 ZE from Zeiss is a versatile prime well-suited to variety of shooting applications, including landscape, nature, architecture, interior, and astrophotography. Its fast f/1.4 maximum aperture greatly benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers enhanced control over depth of field for using selective focus techniques. Complementing the focusing control is a sophisticated Distagon-type optical design, which employs two aspherical elements and seven anomalous partial dispersion elements to control both spherical and chromatic aberrations for improved sharpness and clarity. An enhanced Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to significantly reduce ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast and color fidelity.
Its manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. Additionally, Milvus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable frosted, anodized metal lens barrel surface along with a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust and moisture.
- This 25mm f/1.4 lens is designed for full-frame format Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 40mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also offers extensive control over depth of field.
- Seven anomalous partial dispersion elements are featured in the optical design, and help to virtually eliminate color fringing and chromatic aberrations for greater image clarity and color accuracy.
- Distagon optical concept uses two aspherical elements to control spherical aberrations and distortion in order to provide a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Enhanced Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating controls ghosting and flare for high contrast, color-neutral imagery.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by laser-engraved focusing and depth of field scales, along with an IR position dot and hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Weather-resistant construction includes internal seals to guard against dust and moisture as well as a blue sealing ring at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.
|Aperture||Maximum: f/1.4 |
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||81.2°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.92" (25.2 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:4.6|
|Elements/Groups||15 / 13|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 82 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.75 x 4.82" (95.2 x 122.5 mm)|
|Weight||2.7 lb (1.22 kg)|