- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- 4 Anomalous Partial Dispersion Elements
- 2 Aspherical Elements
- Distagon Optical Design
- Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Manual Focus Design
- Manual Aperture Ring Can Be De-Clicked
- Anodized Metal Barrel, Rubber Focus Ring
- Weather-Sealed Construction
Versatile, bright, and wide, the Nikon F-mount Zeiss Milvus 18mm f/2.8 ZF.2 utilizes a Distagon optical concept, with a pair of aspherical elements and four anomalous partial dispersion elements, to control distortion, spherical and chromatic aberrations, and color fringing in order to produce sharp, clear, and color-neutral imagery with a broad perspective. A floating elements system is also employed for consistent performance throughout the aperture range, and an enhanced Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to reduce flare and ghosting for working in difficult lighting conditions.
Its manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. This ZF.2 lens also features a manual aperture ring that can be manually de-clicked for silent, stepless switching between aperture setting to benefit video applications. Additionally, Milvus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable frosted, anodized metal lens-barrel surface along with a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust and moisture.
- This 18mm f/2.8 lens is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs, and can also be used with DX models where it will provide a 27mm equivalent focal length
- Distagon optical design incorporates two aspherical elements and four anomalous partial dispersion elements to greatly control distortions and both spherical and chromatic aberrations for improved sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity.
- Floating elements system maintains consistent performance when working with both close-up and distant subjects.
- Enhanced Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating controls ghosting and flare for high contrast, color-neutral imagery.
- Wide-angle perspective pairs with a minimum focusing distance of 9.8" for exaggerating foreground subjects and creating a broad sense of space.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by laser-engraved focusing and depth of field scales, along with an IR position dot and hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- The manual aperture ring has clicked indicators throughout aperture range. Using the included De-Click Tool, this ring can be mechanically 'de-clicked' for smooth, silent rotation throughout the aperture range; making it ideal for video applications.
- Weather-resistant construction includes internal seals to guard against dust and moisture as well as a blue sealing ring at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Angle of View||99.9°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.84" (25 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:7.4|
|Filter Thread||Front: 77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.54 x 3.62" (90.0 x 92.0 mm)|
|Weight||1.49 lb (675 g)|