E Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
Distagon Optical Design
4 Anomalous Partial Dispersion Elements
1 Aspherical Element
Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
Manual Focus Design
Manual Aperture Ring Can Be De-Clicked
All-Metal Barrel, Engraved Scales
Weather-Resistant Lens Mount Gasket
Featuring a compact form factor well-suited for full-frame Sony E mount mirrorless cameras, the Loxia 21mm f/2.8 Lens from Zeiss is a wide-angle prime based on the Distagon optical concept for a marked reduction in distortion as well as consistent, even illumination and sharpness from edge to edge. The optical design also incorporates four anomalous partial dispersion elements and one aspherical element to control chromatic aberrations and increase overall clarity and color accuracy. A Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to lens elements to minimize lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast.
Loxia lenses are distinct in that they feature a manual focus design that has been specifically tailored for use with electronic viewfinders, and also feature a manual aperture ring that can be de-clicked for silent operation; making them especially well-suited to filmmaking applications. The all-metal lens barrel incorporates engraved focusing and depth of field scales, and a 90° focus throw offers fine-tuned control over focusing position as close as 9.8" away. Additionally, a weather-resistant gasket is featured at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface from dust and moisture.
- Prime wide-angle lens is designed specifically for full-frame E mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used on APS-C models where it will provide a 31.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture permits working in low-light conditions and also helps to maintain the compact overall form factor of the lens.
- Based on the Distagon optical concept, this lens delivers virtually distortion-free performance that pairs well with the broad angle of view.
- Four anomalous partial dispersion elements and one aspherical element combine to limit chromatic and spherical aberrations for cleaner, sharper image quality.
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast and color fidelity.
- Manual focus design is accentuated by a knurled metal focusing ring, 90° focus ring rotational angle, and engraved depth of field and distance scale markings.
- The manual aperture ring can be mechanically 'de-clicked' for smooth, silent rotation throughout the aperture range; making it ideal for video applications.
- The lens mount is fitted with an electronic interface that conveys all lens EXIF data to the camera and can also be configured to automatically activate the camera's focusing magnification function when turning the focus ring.
- An all-metal lens barrel is fitted with a weather-resistant gasket at the lens mount to protect against moisture and dust from reaching the image sensor or rear lens element.