Venus Optics Laowa 60mm f/2.8 2X Ultra-Macro Lens for Nikon F
- Venus Optics
- Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- 1.50 LBS
- F Mount Lens/FX Format
- 90mm (35mm Equiv. on DX Format)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Magnification Range: 2.0x to 0.1x
From macro to infinity, the Nikon F mount Laowa 60mm f/2.8 2X Ultra-Macro Lens from Venus Optics is a prime portrait-length lens offering the unique ability to photograph close-up subjects 2.4" away at a 2:1 magnification ratio as well as distant subjects with infinity focus and a 0.1x magnification. The versatility offered by this manual focus, manual aperture selection lens benefits working with close-up subjects and then quickly switching to full-length subjects at distance without the need of extension tubes or other adapters. The lens is optimized for use on DX format sensors, where it will provide a 90mm equivalent focal length, and it can also be used on FX format DSLRs, however some vignetting may occur when focused at infinity.
The lens's construction incorporates nine elements in seven groups, and two of the lens groups move in order to control focusing and to avoid barrel distortions. This design also helps to maintain high image clarity, sharpness, and color accuracy. A rounded 14-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth out-of-focus quality that is especially beneficial when working with near subjects and selective focus techniques.
- Prime 60mm Nikon F mount lens is compatible with FX sensors as well as DX sensors, where it will provide a 90mm equivalent focal length.
- The lens is capable of focusing on subjects as near as 2.4" away with a 2:1 magnification ratio for greater-than-life size macro shooting without the need of extension tubes or adapters. Additionally, the lens is also able to achieve infinity focus with a 1:10 magnification ratio for general shooting applications. When working with FX sensors, the image may be slightly vignetted when working at infinity focus.
- Manual focus and manual aperture setting design does not maintain any electronic communication with the camera.
- Nine-element-in-seven-group construction produces a high degree of clarity throughout the focusing range as well as accurate color rendering.
- Two lens groups move during focusing in order to control barrel distortion.
- Rounded 14-blade diaphragm produces a smooth out-of-focus quality when using selective focus or shallow depth of field techniques.
- Built-in lens hood helps to deflect stray light from causing lens flare or ghosting.
- All-metal lens barrel offers ensured durability and rigidity.
- In addition to the lens itself, a protective filter pouch and a 62mm UV filter are also included.
|Lens Mount||Nikon F|
|Angle of View||40°|
|Maximum Magnification||2 to 0.1x|
|Macro Reproduction Ratio||2:1|
|Minimum Focus Distance||2.36" / 6 cm|
|Optical Design||9 Elements in 7 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||14, Rounded|
|Focus Type||Manual Focus|
|Filter Size||62 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (DxL)||3.74 x 3.03" / 9.5 x 7.7 cm|
|Weight||1.8 lb / 800 g|
|Package Weight||1.45 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.1 x 3.5 x 3.4"|