Large Variable Neutral Density filter. Thread size is 82mm and includes 72mm & 77mm Step down rings + genuine leather case._
Offering the versatility to fine-tune exposure reduction between 1 and 8.5 stops, the_82mm Variable Neutral Density Filter Kit_from_Syrp_contains an ND filter along with two step-up rings to further extend its use on lenses of varying diameters. The 0.3-2.55 density can easily be controlled by rotating the front filter ring, allowing you to slow your shutter speed or work with a wider aperture setting than normally required. By offering the ability to adjust different density values, this filter can effectively be used in a wide range of situations and controlled to meet your exposure needs.
The optical glass substrate is set within an aluminum alloy filter ring, which features knurled edges for enhanced grip when manipulating the density value or when installing or removing the filter. Additionally, the ring is visually demarcated with index points for repeatable control when adjusting settings. The glass construction is also coated in order to minimize surface reflections and provide greater image contrast and clarity.
Additionally, also included in this kit are two step up rings-77-82mm and 72-82mm-to further extend the versatility of this filter. Both of these step-up rings enable the attachment of this 82mm filter to lenses of smaller diameters.
- Variable density filter allows you to dial in differing amounts of density from scene to scene
- 0.3 to 2.55 density filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required
- Providing a reduction of 1 to 8.5 stops, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily
- When used by filmmakers, this filter helps to eliminate the rolling shutter effect associated with faster shutter speeds.
- Optical glass substrate is coated to minimize surface reflections and glare for greater image contrast and clarity. Additionally, this coating also protects the surface of the filter from fingerprints, scratches, and other elements.
- The aluminum alloy filter ring measures 9mm-thick and has front threads for stacking additional filters or attaching a lens cap.
- This kit includes two step-up rings to enable the attachment of the 82mm variable ND filter to lenses featuring smaller front filter thread diameters. Both 77-82mm and 72-82mm rings are included, and both are made from 3mm-thick aluminum alloy.