- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- One AA Element & One Aspherical Element
- One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
- Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Ring Drive Super Sonic Wave Motor System
- Physical Aperture Ring; De-Click Switch
- AF/MF Switch; Internal Focus
- Dust- & Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Eleven-Blade Circular Diaphragm
With its normal perspective, fast maximum aperture, and high-end design, the Planar T* FE 50mm f/1.4 ZA Lens from Sony is easy to see as a go-to standard optic for full-frame E-mount shooters. Starting off with the fast f/1.4 maximum aperture, photographers and videographers will enjoy exceptional low-light performance along with the ability to create shallow depth-of field effects. The Zeiss Planar optical design benefits users by providing an almost distortion-free image, while the incorporation of one Advanced Aspherical, one aspherical, and one extra-low dispersion element work to minimize spherical and chromatic aberrations. On top of that, the legendary Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating combats flare and ghosting for crisp, clear imagery.
Performance is top notch as well with speedy autofocus provided by a ring drive Super Sonic Wave Motor (SSM) system. An AF/MF switch is provided for quickly changing between the modes and an internal focus design maintains overall lens length during use. A physical aperture ring is present on the lens which can be de-clicked at the flip of a switch, making this a great option for video in addition to stills. An eleven-blade circular diaphragm further improves image quality by ensuring smooth bokeh at a wide range of aperture settings. Additionally, a dust and moisture-resistant construction will keep you working even in less than ideal environments.
- Based on the Zeiss Planar optical concept, this lens works with a 12-element in 9-group design that helps to reduce spherical aberration and distortion for a flat image plane.
- A normal-length prime designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras, this 50mm f/1.4 is also compatible with APS-C models where it will provide a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers a wealth of control over focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- One AA and one aspherical element are incorporated into the optical design for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other spherical aberrations.
- One extra-low dispersion element is featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- A ring drive SSM system and internal focus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control.
- Manual aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
|Aperture||Maximum: f/1.4 |
|Camera Mount Type||Sony E (Full-Frame)|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||47°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||17.72" (45 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:6.67|
|Diaphragm Blades||11, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 72 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.29 x 4.25" (83.5 x 108 mm)|
|Weight||27.44 oz (778 g)|
|Package Weight||2.6 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||7.6 x 4.9 x 4.7"|